Page 1 of 2
Not sure if anyone else does this.

I buy this stuff at Lowes that is for organizing garages and workshops. It is $10.00 for a three foot section and the hangers are about $5.00 a piece. They are covered in foam and have not harmed any of my nitro.

Each panel supports 500 LBS (which is why I have each LP on it's own panel!!!)- just make sure to screw into the studs.

Quote by IceTele
Each panel supports 500 LBS (which is why I have each LP on it's own panel!!!)

Seriously wtf? Les Paul's aren't that heavy, 500lbs is about 2 people ffs.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

In most cases it'd be more than 2 people.

I purchased hangers from a music store for each one of my guitars. They're hanging through out my bed room.
my guitar and my bass are just leaning up against my wall. is that a bad thing?
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

jeez your dumb hahaha

i have one of those cheap ass pipe guitar stands for my strat and i just leave my acoustic in its hardshell when im not playing it
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
my guitar and my bass are just leaning up against my wall. is that a bad thing?

If left there for too long, it's a lot of unnecessary stress on your necks. Best to get a stand/hangar or just let them lie flat somewhere.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I have a lot of guitars and not a lot of floor space. Plus having them out makes me play each one more.

Plus it saves me money because my little studio feels like a guitar store filled with guitars I love.
I intend to do something similar once I move to a new place. Currently, I've got a guitar and bass that hang on the wall, one on a stand, and then the rest normally sit in their cases.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You're really not doing anything new, most guitar shops hang their stuff like that.

True but that slatwall stuff is really expensive.

This was a cheap way to do it and I just wanted to share. Thought someone may be looking for a similar idea
Nice guitars. By the looks of your guitars I wouldn't think you were too worried about pinching pennies.
Just a joke. But I hang mine on my wall and I made sure I caught a stud with every screw. 3 inch screws.
It's laughable how they sell some of the hangers with anchors. Are you kidding? Like I'm hanging a strat or a Les Paul on drywall anchors.
Quote by IceTele
I was kidding.

I lol'd

when i get around to it, i think i'll just go for the PVC pipe stand route. i dont have enough space on my walls in my room for such things. good suggestion though, its good to know i have options for being a cheapskate.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Love the les paul with the bigsby and good idea
my parents probably won't let me do that though
so might as well just stick with the stand i have
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by danohat
Nice guitars. By the looks of your guitars I wouldn't think you were too worried about pinching pennies.
Just a joke. But I hang mine on my wall and I made sure I caught a stud with every screw. 3 inch screws.
It's laughable how they sell some of the hangers with anchors. Are you kidding? Like I'm hanging a strat or a Les Paul on drywall anchors.

I have been playing a while so I bought most of my guitars cheap. That Red Les Paul cost me $200.00 with a broken Fender Vibrolux and MXR distortion +!!! Those were the days
Quote by danohat

Actually (at least with the String Swing brand), I've got my Schecter C4XXX Bass on a wall hanger that's using the drywall anchors. Pretty solid hold, hasn't budged in the slightest, and to be honest, I don't expect it to.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I would be carefull with anchors. I also use 3" screws into the studs.

Works well to hang Fenders too

The Hercules guitar stands are awesome. We sell the wall mounts for only $14.99 CDN at my store and they sell like crazy. They are super strong and display guitars/basses/banjos/violins/whatever well, the only guitars that don't work in them are Parkers and some tele necks are a hair too thin and rest on the machine heads which isn't good.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Hey Ice Tele! Are you sure those are your guitars or are you standing in the worlds greatest pawn shop.
No, I have a spare bedroom that is my studio/guitar room.

That is why I like having everything on the walls. Gives me a lot of room.
Yeah me too. Hooray for guitar rooms. Plus I'm single so I can jam whenever and as loud as I want. And lock the door when people come over.
Is that Ice Tele as in The Ice Man Albert Collins?
Nope. I made it to be like the rapper, IceT

This is the other side of my room. As you can see, noit having the stands in a small room helps a lot.

Kind of an old pic, I have better stuff now.

I don't have the best guitars or anything but I like what I have

No way. I love that desk. It is strong to hold all my stuff and gives me a lot of room. I had a fancy desk but it didn't work as well.
Function over form. Just like the Tele. Which I happen to love and own!
Quote by IceTele
True but that slatwall stuff is really expensive.

This was a cheap way to do it and I just wanted to share. Thought someone may be looking for a similar idea

Is it? I used fiberglass when I had those, worked quite well. Since then I've just switched to floor racks.
Dickless.
The floor racks are ok but I don't have a lot of floor. Slatwall is like 50 a section plus you have to get it shipped - I couldn't find a place that sold it.

Again, not saying I have the best idea - just putting it out there for others.

I use a floor rack too because I'm out of wall space

Awesome pics Dano!

Thanks. These guitars are all about 15 years old and I bought them new around 94. Good thing. Now that I'm a responsible homeowner I could never afford to acquire or replace them.
Yeah, me too! I just bought an Epi Olympic (1965 in Pelham) yesterday, I don't buy much these days - that's why I like to build. I can use the homeowner tools and save some money.

Plus I have like 99% of what I want.
I have a way to go before i'm done. Still want a PRS, A sunburst Les Paul Standard, and a Martin acoustic. It'll be a while.
I had a PRS and didn't like it. They're good guitars though, just not my thing.

I had mine back in 94 or 95. It was sold to me as a guitar that can sound like a LP, Strat, etc...

I got it and liked it.

Played it for a while then picked up my LP one day and was like DAMN, this sounds killer.

What I realized was the PRS had a LP sound that wasn't as good as a LP, Strat sound that wasn't as good as a Strat, etc....

Maybe they're different now. I haven't played one in years.

The build quality and playability was there. Sound didn't do it for me.

To each their own.
I haven't played alot of the new guitars. I just recently allowed myself to go back to Guitar Center. I am kind of interested in these Schecters that everyone has been raving about. I love the classic looking guitars and I think having a classy looking metal type guitar might be fun and out of the ordinary.
I try the new guitars every now and again but they don't do it for me.

I don't get the Agile = CS Fender or Gibson argument. I don't get the Epi = Gibson argument either.

I just don't really like the feel of a lot of the new guitars. The neck profiles are not what I'm used to and since I'm more of a clean player - a Maxon TS with the drive turned ll the way down is as dirty as I get - the pickups don't do it for me either.

I like the classics - Fender, Gibson, Martin, Guild, Gretsch. Sometimes I play something I like - I'm jonsing for a Pensa - but I don't have that kind of bread!
Most the people who rave about theknock off Les Pauls and Strats will be buying a real one eventually after they realize their itch has not been scratched.
I know. I had a Peavey Predator many moons ago. An epiphone Les Paul many moons ago. A mexican Tele standard many moons ago. I still go and look at my LesPaul after all these years and say to it "damn how did you get to be so pretty?".
Yeah, I just don't even understand how people compare the Epis and Agiles to the Gibsons.

I have also played the Edwards and Tokais, just don't get the connection.

It's like arguing that McDonalds hamburgers are just like a really good steak
Page 1 of 2