Valentine's Day is coming up, and me and my band are playing a few songs at our high school dance...But, I have 3 problems.
Problem 1: I gotta sing. 2 songs. And I'm freakin' out, I don't usually sing AND play guitar...Any advice?

Our set list-
1 - Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet (Thank God, I love this song, it's perfect for this occasion.)
2 - Sorry - Buckcherry (I gotta sing this one.)
3 - Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison (Gotta sing this one too.)
4 - Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'N' Roses

Problem 2: I personally don't like the Poison song...It doesn't feel right for Valentine's Day, unless it's a sad one. So are there any suggestions (fairly easy, love songs that aren't too mushy) from anyone?

Problem 3: I wanna dress casual, nice, but I still want that rock and roll edge. I'm talkin' about blazers, etc., that I could wear as both lead guitarist, and a guy who is gonna dance with his girl before the gig and not look stupid. Anyone know any websites where I could get this rocker edge on casual clothes? No basic tuxedo suggestions, please.

Thanks pit.
Hard news, taken harder, don't look to me
Disappointed, we don't agree, I don't need your praise...
every rose has its thorn is probably the single most depressing song ever written.

just dont do that song.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
ginny tee and booty shorts

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Wow you are so caught up on conformist/consumerist bitch-ish I think my dick exploded. Just stop whining, play the show, dance with the bitch and do that ****.
sorry, I can't really think of any good love songs.

rick roll em?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls or You and Me by Lifehouse are some good ones.
Quote by acoginthesystem
Wow you are so caught up on conformist/consumerist bitch-ish I think my dick exploded. Just stop whining, play the show, dance with the bitch and do that ****.

Ahaha, **** you, prick.
Sorry for never singing in front of a group, let alone playing guitar at the same time. I thought it was normal for someone to be a little nervous, but I guess not in your book.
And she's not a bitch, was that even necessary?

****ing queer.

EDIT: Thanks everyone else for the help.
Hard news, taken harder, don't look to me
Disappointed, we don't agree, I don't need your praise...
Quote by TheBadassofRock
Valentine's Day is coming up, and me and my band are playing a few songs at our high school dance...But, I have 3 problems.
Problem 1: I gotta sing. 2 songs. And I'm freakin' out, I don't usually sing AND play guitar...Any advice?

Our set list-
1 - Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet (Thank God, I love this song, it's perfect for this occasion.)
2 - Sorry - Buckcherry (I gotta sing this one.)
3 - Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison (Gotta sing this one too.)
4 - Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'N' Roses

Problem 2: I personally don't like the Poison song...It doesn't feel right for Valentine's Day, unless it's a sad one. So are there any suggestions (fairly easy, love songs that aren't too mushy) from anyone?

Problem 3: I wanna dress casual, nice, but I still want that rock and roll edge. I'm talkin' about blazers, etc., that I could wear as both lead guitarist, and a guy who is gonna dance with his girl before the gig and not look stupid. Anyone know any websites where I could get this rocker edge on casual clothes? No basic tuxedo suggestions, please.

Thanks pit.

you want a stylish tailored jacket, i.e a simulation of a fitted jacket. wear0 that on stage with a black tank top underneath, and you'll be fine dancing. Then on stage you can rip off the jacket after a song or two and pull off a james hetfield look nearly.

it will work, stylish brown or dark red jacket= complete WIN! im serious.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.