Alright, so I found the EQ and OD pedals I have been talking about for each around $30-50.

Digitech Bad Monkey ($48)
Danelectro Fish&Chips 7-band EQ ($30)

1) Which would you say I get first?

But I'll see what you think...

I play anything, but I dabble in mostly metal and hard rock. Should I get overdrive or distortion? (if you need specifics look at the "favorite bands" section in my profile)
I have been thinking high-gain overdrive will get me the sound I desire, but I don't know. Or maybe distortion+overdrive will get it? Pickup booster?

2) How do you think I should go with this?

Ideas:

DS-2 + amp(clean) = okay,but thin and some what digitalized
Buy footswitch and overdrive pedal
Buy overdrive pedal, and put in chain with DS-2 + amp (clean[od'd for heavier stuff])

I'm open to whatever for #2...I just don't have that much of an income, so please don't be too hasty
I've been through about 20 pedals and can say i have never looked back. Once you get a good overdrive your distortion pedal will just sit there collecting dust... I paid over a hundred bucks for my Uber metal that i was using with my Marshall and since i got the Valveking and Tubescreamer it was boxed up and put away from day one...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I've been through about 20 pedals and can say i have never looked back. Once you get a good overdrive your distortion pedal will just sit there collecting dust... I paid over a hundred bucks for my Uber metal that i was using with my Marshall and since i got the Valveking and Tubescreamer it was boxed up and put away from day one...

okay, i checked out your tone...and I've got to say, that's like the tone I'm looking for.

did you buy the footswitch with the head? I will need to buy one of those sometime soon, too...or does any two-button footswitch work?
Quote by dudey5691
okay, i checked out your tone...and I've got to say, that's like the tone I'm looking for.

did you buy the footswitch with the head? I will need to buy one of those sometime soon, too...or does any two-button footswitch work?

Nope, was quite pist at the fact it didnt come with one lol. Tried my Marshall footswitch and come to find out there wiring is not your standard (gotta love marshall for being odd balls). So i researched the peavey switch and everyone is saying its pretty much junk and cant take abuse plus 40 bucks for something like that isnt worth it.. So im on a quest for one now, but will probally be making my own. Havent decided yet...

And thanks for the complement on the tone...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Nope, was quite pist at the fact it didnt come with one lol. Tried my Marshall footswitch and come to find out there wiring is not your standard (gotta love marshall for being odd balls). So i researched the peavey switch and everyone is saying its pretty much junk and cant take abuse plus 40 bucks for something like that isnt worth it.. So im on a quest for one now, but will probally be making my own. Havent decided yet...

And thanks for the complement on the tone...

damn, but I also heard that their is a noticeable "dead spot" using the Peavey footswitch. Ugh, now I gotta spend/find the money to get the pedals.

The tubescreamer is going to be a joy to buy, especially since I'll get like twenty different tones I want

how much did the Japanese one cost you? Do you think a non-Japanese would sound similar?

Yeah, your recordings are like 10x than my one recording with my VK. I got a decent similarity tone out of "Fade to Black" though...a tad thin tone though. (computer mic ftw)
Quote by dudey5691
Alright, so I found the EQ and OD pedals I have been talking about for each around $30-50.

Digitech Bad Monkey ($48)
Danelectro Fish&Chips 7-band EQ ($30)

1) Which would you say I get first?

But I'll see what you think...

I play anything, but I dabble in mostly metal and hard rock. Should I get overdrive or distortion? (if you need specifics look at the "favorite bands" section in my profile)
I have been thinking high-gain overdrive will get me the sound I desire, but I don't know. Or maybe distortion+overdrive will get it? Pickup booster?

2) How do you think I should go with this?

Ideas:

DS-2 + amp(clean) = okay,but thin and some what digitalized
Buy footswitch and overdrive pedal
Buy overdrive pedal, and put in chain with DS-2 + amp (clean[od'd for heavier stuff])

I'm open to whatever for #2...I just don't have that much of an income, so please don't be too hasty

You can get a used Guv'nor on ebay for about 30$ i suggest you look it up as it is a goodsounding affordable od.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by dudey5691
damn, but I also heard that their is a noticeable "dead spot" using the Peavey footswitch. Ugh, now I gotta spend/find the money to get the pedals.

The tubescreamer is going to be a joy to buy, especially since I'll get like twenty different tones I want

how much did the Japanese one cost you? Do you think a non-Japanese would sound similar?

Yeah, your recordings are like 10x than my one recording with my VK. I got a decent similarity tone out of "Fade to Black" though...a tad thin tone though. (computer mic ftw)

My tubescreamer was used, spent about $90 bucks for it. The going price is $90-$100 I think, could be wrong... Dont know on the Japanese vs Non just always heard if your getting Boss get Japanese so i did...

Mine is computer mic'd as well... Im suprised im getting a decent sound out of it actually...
Quote by dudey5691
how do the tubescreamers change in sound through the series?

I assume the ts-5 is ****, and the ts-9 is the best, next to the original?

Bingo!

Heres work on the street..
Worst to best...
Ts-5, Ts-9, Ts-9 Japan, Ts-9 JRC4558 IC chip, Ts-808 Reissue, Maxon OD-9, Original Ts-808

The last 4 are basically all very close in sound quality so any of them will be the the best...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Bingo!

Heres work on the street..
Worst to best...
Ts-5, Ts-9, Ts-9 Japan, Ts-9 JRC4558 IC chip, Ts-808 Reissue, Maxon OD-9, Original Ts-808

The last 4 are basically all very close in sound quality so any of them will be the the best...

I'm going to have some fun trying to find a good one then!

Thanks for the info!
Quote by dudey5691
I'm going to have some fun trying to find a good one then!

Thanks for the info!

Yup yup, I had store credit at a store and i wanted a OD pedal so my choice was simple lol

And no problem if you have any questions feel free to hit me up...