...a pedalboard?
I've been googling the hell out of this and haven't been able to get any signifigant info except for the fact that it holds your pedals.... thats about it...
thats what it is for, make it easy and more organized mess of all your crap.
its great for you if you have more than 3 pedals and you are a gigging guitarist. because it save a TON of time setting up at shows because your pedals are already allthogher and wired up it also can protect your pedals for damage if you have a case for it , ts a pretty nifty peace of gear
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
I don't use much on mine but I like that I can go somewhere and plug everything in and it all works.

Mine is a piece of 1/2" plywood. I bought some u shaped aluminum @ Home Depot and mitered the corners and then put some feet on the bottom.

Then built a 3/4" plywood box with some foam on the top.

Been all over the place and everything is perfect every time.

Cost about 20 bucks to build.

thats pretty cool
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
Quote by IceTele
I don't use much on mine but I like that I can go somewhere and plug everything in and it all works.

Mine is a piece of 1/2" plywood. I bought some u shaped aluminum @ Home Depot and mitered the corners and then put some feet on the bottom.

Then built a 3/4" plywood box with some foam on the top.

Been all over the place and everything is perfect every time.

Cost about 20 bucks to build.

Please build me one.
I use these little adhesive backed cable holders to hold the tie downs, little zip ties to hold the cable and the Boss tuner has a 9v out to power your pedals.

Works great and is low money. This one has been all over the place. Built it back in 95 or 96
Here it is in the box:

The Box:

Last edited by IceTele at Feb 7, 2008,
It's easy.

1- Get a square piece of 1/2" plywood cut to the size you want

2- Buy some u shaped 1/2" channel @ home depot - with the metal stock

3- Buy some black paint. I was going to use laminite but it was really expensive. I used enamel paint and I have had a lot of different stuff on it. If it gets really messed up you just have to paint it - I never have

4- Use a miter box to cut 45 degree angles for your corners

drill through the aluminum and screw it down

5- I bought some aluminum cabinet handles at home depot (about $1.50 a piece) and drilled and screwed them into the aluminum so I can get it in and out of the box.

On the bottom, I have little rubber feet. They're like little donuts with a screw in the middle - about $1.50 @ home depot - one on each corner - two in the center.

That's really all there is to it.

I ran the corners on my grinder (you could use a file) to smooth them out
If you buy a pedal board, not all of them come with power supplies, so it's a good investment to buy a "Pedal Power" or other type of power supply.

Also, if you're going to build one or mod one, it's really useful to use some type of thin coarse carpet on the pedal surface as you can buy velcro tape, apply the sticky side to the bottom of your pedals and the pedals won't ever move unless you want them to. It also adds a nice aesthetic touch. When I modded mine, I just bought a $5.00 black floor matt and used velcro tape to attach the carpet to the board as well so that even the carpet material is replaceable.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Feb 7, 2008,
I used paint with sticky velcro tape. Never had a problem. Carpet would work too but I just don't l;ike the idea of my pedals sitting in a box traveling with all that dust that a carpet attracts.

Carpet would work well though, good point.
i built mine out of a clementine box... its ghetto but cheap, and easy to transport (the box being able to carry the pedals inside)... also plan on making a skateboard pedal board
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Don't go to Home Deep****, go to a real lumberyard/building supply company.

Other than that, yeah, what they said.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
This is my pedal board.... I actually want to get another smaller one for the last of my pedals eventually....

I was going to build one, but I was in guitar center one day and this thing was labeled as missing pieces and I happened to see it after they found the rest of the patch cables and Power supply, but before they could change the price, so I got a sick deal on it. I ripped out the foam pedal holders, put some carpet in so I didn't have to wind up wasting so much space in the thing. It also came with it's own power supply main input and dual secondary ins/outs that you could use to send some of your pedals through the loop. It was convenient, and has pad lockable latches with a foam lined top to protect the gear.

4 of my boss pedals are modded by the way, wasn't impressed with the stock sounds.
Attachments:
P1000481.JPG
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by Schneiderman
Don't go to Home Deep****, go to a real lumberyard/building supply company.

Other than that, yeah, what they said.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes. Get everything in one stop. You're buying plywood, aluminum, paint and some screws and feet (although for the screws and feet Wal-Mart may be cheaper.

I can promise you home depot has everything you need and you won't be driving around for hours.
Quote by IceTele
I used paint with sticky velcro tape. Never had a problem. Carpet would work too but I just don't l;ike the idea of my pedals sitting in a box traveling with all that dust that a carpet attracts.

Carpet would work well though, good point.

Haha, I vacuum mine! How retarded is that? hehe
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I don't tend to do that. As you can see from the layer of dust on mine! LOL
Quote by IceTele
Go to Home Depot or Lowes. Get everything in one stop. You're buying plywood, aluminum, paint and some screws and feet (although for the screws and feet Wal-Mart may be cheaper.

I can promise you home depot has everything you need and you won't be driving around for hours.

Any real building supply warehouse will have everything you need. I used to work at one. Hell, since you only need small pieces of wood and metal for a pedal board, you can probably ask if they have scraps and get some of your stuff for free.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
If you want to waste your time driving all over hell's half acre be my guest.

I can tell you I was in and out of Home Depot in 10 mins and got everything I need in one stop.