Hi everyone I'm a beginner guitarist looking to buy a beginner electric guitar + amp
I'm located in Toronto, Ontario.
Ideally this guitar would be cheap.
Not looking to incur huge shipping charges so local might be the best option.
i'm not sure what exact prices are for guitar+amp but i've seen some lower end ones for like 199?
Let me know guys!
these guys are probably going to push you toward something fairly expensive
i'd say spend around 250 to 300 on the guitar
and get a Roland Cube 15 for 100 dollars U.S.
Quote by shames
Hi everyone I'm a beginner guitarist looking to buy a beginner electric guitar + amp
I'm located in Toronto, Ontario.
Ideally this guitar would be cheap.
Not looking to incur huge shipping charges so local might be the best option.
i'm not sure what exact prices are for guitar+amp but i've seen some lower end ones for like 199?
Let me know guys!

Just get a decent practice amp. Something like a Fender GDEC (I have one) or a Roland Micro Cube. Save money for a decent amp should you decide to take your playing further. Get a nice used tube amp. The best used tube amp deals I find are: Sovtek MIGs, Laney amps, 5150, if you are patient and keep looking you'll eventually find a really good deal on one of those.

As far as guitars, I'd recommend an Agile (google it) from Rondomusic, or JD's Guitar Shack from Canada has some decent copies of Gibsons. Check your local Craigslist...

Under-rated and inexpensive guitars that could fall into your price range of $200: Agile, Dillion, Samick (artist series or older valley arts copies), Motsumoku guitars under the brands: Electra, Westone, Westbury, Aria.

I would double your budget though and get a good mid range player that you can actually play out on and sound decent.