Would it be ok to use a PA cab for a bass? I'm having trouble finding a cab, and I know someone with an extra...I know something like a 1X18 would be bas...but I'd be using, most likely, a pair of 2X12's or 1X15's
Nope, no sig here.
Just keep looking for a used cab. My band got an Ampeg SVT-410HLF for 240 dollars, so deals are out there...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Just keep looking for a used cab. My band got an Ampeg SVT-410HLF for 240 dollars, so deals are out there...

Do Pa speakers sound bad?

I would like to get a hartke cab....but time and money are limited...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 11, 2008,
(revive)

So I took my bass to GC today, and found that it can easily get away with a 1x15...so I'm really thinking about this. A PA cab with 400w/8ohm wouldn't be hard to find, and it will only be part of my finished rig when I need the power. My amp is 800W @ 4 ohms, with 4 speaker outputs. The other half of the rig, when I get it, will be a pair of 16 ohm 2x10's, so it should balance out I think? If not I can eq it...I have a 5 band plus B/M/T/P so that shouldn't be an issue.

Just wondering if I'm going to run into any problems...
Nope, no sig here.