Hey,
I decided to do myself a favor and take the advice of past critiquers of my songs. I decided to be a bit more creative today and try something new. I learned more of the blues scale today, and tried to put into effect in a new song.
I also took the advice from people who said my tone was too bassy. I decided to play clean (actually, i had my modded dod yjm308 putting in a little gain, but it's quite transparant), and dial up the tone knob alot.
Anyways, I think I did ok on this since it's quite a bit different from my other stuff.
But, if there's something seriously wrong, it's up to you to tell me!
As for C4C, I can't load myspace, but everything else works pretty well. I have a stupid computer.

EDIT: Once again, this was mostly improv. The intro was planned, but everything else wasn't.

EDIT2: Oops, it's in my profile, labled bright blues.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Feb 7, 2008,
I like it. You should play to a beat!
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Yeah, I was trying to feel a beat.
Sadly, the only decent drummer I know around lives a while away.
I'll probably release a revised version with drums and prolly bass (I don't think a rhythm guitar will sound good with it?) when we get back together.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That was funky cool, you were making some good stuff there, you should re listen to that and take the parts that were sounding sweet and make em go a bit further ya know. I also thought your picking was wicked.
great playing, great tone. some kind of beat might've helped there, but I think bass would do much better for it than beat. Nice job overall

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781720
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Like it alot your finally mixing it up a bit and your tone kicks but man. and one of these times I can send you a blues drum and rythm track we'll see how you do with a backing band....wanna try that?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I could record drums for this maybe? i'm a good drummer and this song just needs drums for sure haha. I could hear stuff in my head. sounds great and its very inspirational for me as a drummer. I really like it.
Oh, if anyone wants to write up a drum track or bassline, feel free to PM me.
Maybe a rhythm guitar also. Heck, vocals, I don't care.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well for improv, this was very good. It would definitley benefit from a beat and some bass too. I'm really diggin the tone too, good stuff.
Good improvisation ****load better than me anyways haha. If you want a simple drum track download Hydrogen, its free and its the easiest program to use ever
very cool and funky, love your tone. some really cool sounds and riffs. just get it in order, get a bassist and drummer and u will have made. keep it up.
crit mine, since u cant get myspace i loaded it on my ug profile, so u can listen to it there
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784260
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff