Does Steam work on Macs? Does HL2 through Steam work on Macs? I got a free HL2 "gift" because I bought the Orange box.
As far as I'm aware, Steam needs Windows, my mate uses a macbook, and has to have it set up on a dual-boot to get Steam working.
dude yeah it works

here go DL the program "crossover" on your mac. Then DL steam. once your done, tell me your user name so i can add you :P

mine is:'smuggz - Dave

add me anyone
No it does not work on a mac. You have to dual boot with windows, which works fine enough, but isnt the best for games. I have a mac and I have it dual booted because i need certain architectural programs for school. You would have to try it, steam is a pretty good engine and might windows on a mac might work well enough to run the games. I read somewhere that windows installed on a mac limits the processor and video card
dudes i'm telling you right now. i was JUST play on my mac book. i use crossover. you don't need to dual boot. it just acts like it is. its awesome. just try it
smuggz dave... haha creative for sure :P
In Search of tone.... SO far.......

YCV50Blue-----Check
Pickups---------
Effects----------
Misc-------------

"I'll Restring when I have to"
Quote by outerlimit501
No it does not work on a mac. You have to dual boot with windows, which works fine enough, but isnt the best for games. I have a mac and I have it dual booted because i need certain architectural programs for school. You would have to try it, steam is a pretty good engine and might windows on a mac might work well enough to run the games. I read somewhere that windows installed on a mac limits the processor and video card

No, using different OS's on different partitions doesn't limit anything. What you meant to say is that OSX uses less resources than windows, and is overall faster, so it seems that way.
It works best on the platform it was designed for - Windows. So dual booting would be the best option, followed by crossover.

Steam is not an engine btw to that guy up there somewhere ^
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
you would have to dual boot it.

and if you have the new macbook pros, then you should be pretty much well off. it actually runs well as a gaming laptop if you dual boot it with windows.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Send me your HL2 gift. I will put you in my sig if you do. And THAT is a guarantee.

you have a peggle extreme avatar but you don't own half life 2/the orange box?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by ZanasCross
Damn, I thought this thread was going to be about actual steam valves. I took the one out of my heater and everything. Now I'm cold.

... dumbass.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by numinis
you have a peggle extreme avatar but you don't own half life 2/the orange box?

Peggle Deluxe I am afraid! In any case, Peggle Extreme is free on Steam now!