so ya, i need a cab....i have an orange ad30 head...n i play mostly like modern rock,some punkish stuff....alot of classic rock...
but basically what im looking for in a cab is sumthing that has a good tight/punchy bass, and idk bout anything else...i really like my sound to have a nice punchy/tight bass. thats really like my biggest annoyance. i would like it to have a relatively early breakup too...idk if you can get that too well in speakers...but ya,
i been looking at like the mesa 2x12 slant cabs...and im not really sure what else....avatar 2x12s...idk i need some suggestions on speakers/cabs...help?
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
ok....ya i been looking at those alot too.
but like what speaker combo?
i know v30s r really popular...but idk...i want something that will be pretty versatile n have a nice earlyish breakup.....i play alot of modern rock and classic rock ....clapton,zeppelin,gnr, blink182,saosin...pretty wide amount of stuff but ya...
Hmm, I'm not sure V30s would be that great if you don't play a lot of heavier stuff. Maybe go with some Celestion Greenbacks?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you really want some speaker breakup, you want to go with low rated speakers like Celestion Alnico Blues... but I'm not sure if that's what you really want. The AD30 is a pretty clean amp. You're not really going to get more gain out of it with a specific speaker cab.

Do yourself a favor and get a 16 ohm cab, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
hmm ok 16 ohms....how would i do that?
ok ya alnico blues are pretty dam expensive...i was thinking maybe green backs...n ya i know the ad30 is pretty clean...but i got a good od pedal for distortion n stuff....but anyway ya....so any other suggestions?
Quote by flyingv_m3
hmm ok 16 ohms....how would i do that?
ok ya alnico blues are pretty dam expensive...i was thinking maybe green backs...n ya i know the ad30 is pretty clean...but i got a good od pedal for distortion n stuff....but anyway ya....so any other suggestions?

oh my god...
are you kidding me?
turn the gain on that baby up, it sounds like a fuzz pedal!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
are u serious? on my ad30? on the clean channel if i crank the gain it gets a lil fuzz...not like crazy like a pedal.....is pretty damn clean...even the lead channel i have to crank the gain pretty high to get some thick/heavy distortion
well either way.....
any other suggestions for cab/speakers?
i was thinking probly like greenbacks maybe...idk...im not really too educated about them...
Take a look at the Avatar Contemporary series cabinets. They're actually copies of the Orange cabinets and, sure enough, they're available in orange. Avatar will give you speaker options including Greenbacks and Blues. I think they'll do 16 ohms as well.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
From a company like Avatar, you get a 16 ohm cab by specifying that that's what you want. Otherwise, Mesas are generally 8 ohms, Orange are 16 ohm (hence, why I recommend 16 ohms for you!).

Greenbacks are great classic rock speakers that are most often associated with the Mashall sound. Is that what you're after?

For punchy/tight bass, your biggest requirement will probably be a closed back cab, rather than your speaker selection. Avatar's contemporary cab might work nicely for you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.