No, not jerk our respective Gherkins, play in front of a mirror. Now, it may not be often, but every guitarist has a moment where they feel the urge to jump in front of a shiny surface and see how sexy they look playing chunking out power chords. What's your favorite song to play during your narcissistic superstar moments? I don't really have a favorite, personally, I look like a man beast no matter what I'm playing.

The humble, ugly, and unable to play standing up need not reply.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Last edited by RNRSoldier at Feb 7, 2008,
I've never played infront of a mirror
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Guilty. I like "Black Magic Woman," "One," "Honeysuckle Blues," and "Jessica," personally.

God damn, I'm so fucking sexy.
The only reason I played in front of a mirror was to see what my hand looked like, while playing, from the other side.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
I feel awkward playing in a mirror. First of all because I rarely stand up so I'm bad playing that way, and second because someone playing guitar with their eyes staring straight ahead is kind of creepy.
Quote by czlespaul
The only reason I played in front of a mirror was to see what my hand looked like, while playing, from the other side.
That was my original motivation - curiosity. Nowadays, it's pure vanity.
Quote by Timothym
I feel awkward playing in a mirror. First of all because I rarely stand up so I'm bad playing that way, and second because someone playing guitar with their eyes staring straight ahead is kind of creepy.

+1 im always sitting down
the game
I look in the mirror to check out what my hands look like while i play. I think they look terrible but they work pretty good
Guilty

I play thunderstruck (with just one hand doing all the hammer-ons/pull-offs) and it looks pretty damn sexy
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
i like having people take pictures of while i play to see what my hands look like just for poops and giggles. i sometimes play the dethklok themesong in front of the mirror. its pretty fun.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
i just pretend to aimlessly shred, thinking it makes me look cool
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I play the fastest punk I can remember off the top of my head or I play Higher ground (slapping ftw, btw I play bass)
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by cheeseman3001
i just pretend to aimlessly shred, thinking it makes me look cool

+100
I play in front of a mirror because there's a mirror in front of basically the only place I can stand in my room. Of course I look in it
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
i have a mirror right next to my amp and my pedals so i aways play infront of it. not because im egotisticle but because i feel awkward just sitting/standing in the middle of my room playing. but i always feel ashamed when someone walks in and sees me doing it.

plus alot of the time i sing while playing in front of it. its not creepy to sing to your self in a mirror is it?
Yea I'm pretty damn sexy playing whatever it is.
but usually in front of a mirror its Caught up by The Fall of Troy or original stuff.
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
i like to do it after ive been to the gym as well, that way im even more of a beast than usual...

not that that has anything to do with guitar playing, but you pump out conquer all (behemoth) whilst having the pump in front of the mirror and see if you can hold your load

thats wat i thought
I have played in front of a mirror on ocassion, not often, but once or twice. I just improv though...actualy I lie, there is a pane of glass on a shelf next to my bed that shows a reflection of me from the shoulders down, and sometimes I trip out on the movement of my fingers when I play lying down on my bed...
Last edited by david_highland at Feb 7, 2008,
I'm glad at least some of you are reasonable.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by czlespaul

Yeah, dude. Hands look cool when they're playing guitar. And you don't usually think about what your own hand looks like while playing.
I like to play "Las Abejas", a nice little south american folk piece, because there's one part in the middle where you have to do an absurd stretch. Stretches are easy for me, but to this day bar chords are my worst enemy.

Anyways, the chord lookes like this:
-
-

It's not like you have to change really fast. The chords before it sort of flow you into that position. I could do a chord like [7-9-9-8-7-7] fine, but I still would have trouble with [7-9-9-7-7-7]. And I get embarrased because Ana Vidovic, a woman who has hands that I'm sure are smaller than mine can easily play [8-10-8-9-8-12].

By the by, Ana Vidovic is fine as f*ck.

Sorry for getting so off-topic....
winning solo - carlos santana, that sh*t looks awesome in the mirror

or if i wanna get my power stance goin on and play accurately while jumping around anything punk really, mostly the ramones
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
I dont play in front of a mirror, cuz the only mirror I have is in the bathroom, and the last time I took and amp in teh bathroom and started playing, someone with the desire to take a number 2 walked in and gave me the death stare.

lol...but seriously that never happened, and I'd like to keep it that way
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I don't really do it... sometimes i look in the reflection of my tv or whatever, but really I don't have a mirror in my room. I don't feel cool/sad enough shredding in the bathroom.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Guilty, but by a different way.

I played in the bathroom with my acoustic because it sounds better. Then I looked in the mirror and was all "whoa, hotness overload."