I've narrowed down my choices for my next guitar...it's most likely going to be between these three:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ICT700-Electric-Guitar?sku=515774
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Blackjack-Electric-Guitar?sku=518480
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512028

If you've read one of my threads in the gear and accessories section then you may have heard that I might decide to get a tube amp first if the output from any of these pickups could cause any abnormalities on my current Roland Cube 60 amp. From what I've heard all seem to have a pretty high output.

Which guitar would be the easiest to handle/best sounding on my amp (in UG's opinion )? I play metal/hardcore/nu-metal and the occasionally classic rock and blues.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
the iceman is sick, but more expensive. If you can afford that one, go for it, but if not, go for the blackjack.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
not a fan of the iceman but u should go for it since i dont even favor the other guitars ur considering of getting
Our Lead guitarist (unsigned Dont worry) has an Ibanez "Iceman" looks like its dropped in price too, anyway thats the only one of those i have played but it is an awesome axe man, i really suggest you try them all out, cos i cant offer any advice to the others, But the Ibanez has a really crisp tone, you can play really smooth harmonics and pinch harmonics Scream really well, its a really good guitar, but thats just my opinion, either 3 look good tho
Schecters are amazing for the price. That iceman is ice cold. So ugly. I really like that ESP.

Out of the 3, I would say go with the ESP. I have never played any of these, but that one looks the coolest fo' sho.
Quote by nosaj89
Is the iceman a baratone?

I have no idea...sorry.

The main thing I'd like to know is whether or not active (or rather high output) pickups would sound bad through my amp.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Well if you have a tube amp, the EMGs will be really nice. But D activators are wicked awesome. The Duncans aren't bad either. But buddy, Try them out Side by side to compare
Quote by jimzer
get the esp. looks fun hahaha

Its an LTD, not an ESP, a big difference there buddy. LTDs are low budget versions of ESPs. They are like peihone is to Gibson, or Squier is to Fender. But the 400 + series LTDs are jsut as good as real ESPS
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Well if you have a tube amp, the EMGs will be really nice. But D activators are wicked awesome. The Duncans aren't bad either. But buddy, Try them out Side by side to compare

All I have is my Roland Cube 60 and a Boss Metal Core (ML-2) distortion pedal. I would try the pickups but none of the guitar shops around me have guitars with those pickups...Fender guitars are pretty much the only things sold around here...

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Its an LTD, not an ESP, a big difference there buddy. LTDs are low budget versions of ESPs. They are like peihone is to Gibson, or Squier is to Fender. But the 400 + series LTDs are jsut as good as real ESPS

Your half right. LTD arent low budget, look at the Alexi 600 thats about £1000, but from the 400s up its a pretty good guitar.

Because you have the cube amp i dont think the active pickups would sound the best, so the EX-400 wont be the best
Manchester United
I'd go for the Schecter. The others look silly IMO, and it's got a longer neck for those deep detunes if you want to go that way.
iceman.
the thru neck pwns. and the pickups are very good in them
Quote by Shabalaba
Your half right. LTD arent low budget, look at the Alexi 600 thats about £1000, but from the 400s up its a pretty good guitar.

Because you have the cube amp i dont think the active pickups would sound the best, so the EX-400 wont be the best

The ESP version of the Alexi signature is like 2 grands minimum. But LTDs are decent guitar, you just have you watch out for low end ones and you'll do fine
well if ur looking into getting a tube amp then the EMG pups will sound awesome. as stated b4 stay above 400 models with ESP/LTD, i have actually played a schecter blackjack (not that same model) i liked the sound but idk if its just me but the neck was a little wider than say ESP/LTD. and i have no say on the iceman since ive never even seen one in person. but since i own 2 ESP/LTDs and a tube amp i can tell u first hand that those EMG's sing when thru a tube amp
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Schector all the way. IMO, the others look funny. The Iceman is just no...if you want an Explorer, get Gibson or Epiphone. That one looked funny.
Quote by Rocker_94
Schector all the way. IMO, the others look funny. The Iceman is just no...if you want an Explorer, get Gibson or Epiphone. That one looked funny.

I actually kind of like the Iceman's shape : / And I've looked into the DiMarzio pickups through YouTube and they seem pretty amazing.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
I actually kind of like the Iceman's shape : / And I've looked into the DiMarzio pickups through YouTube and they seem pretty amazing.

Because its jewtube, clips are never right. Its your set-up+ body wood + style + tweaking that gives you the tone. Not just the pickups. "X" pickup might sound orgasmic through one set up and crap through another one
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Because its jewtube, clips are never right. Its your set-up+ body wood + style + tweaking that gives you the tone. Not just the pickups. "X" pickup might sound orgasmic through one set up and crap through another one

Well I know that I have my amp settings in a good (at least I think so) tone, and the wood on my current Epi LP and the Iceman are both mahogany...my style is varied, mostly metal...But you do have a strong, correct point.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Thanks man, But dude you can not spend that much money on something that you haven't even tried out first. Unless its a carvin, You can send the guitar back if you don't like it. Speaking of carvins, can you save up a bit more and get a carvin? You have a pretty wide choice or parts and stuff