Poll: Vancover vs. Toronto
Poll Options
View poll results: Vancover vs. Toronto
Vancover
23 74%
Toronto
8 26%
Voters: 31.
So being in second semester grade 11 I am really thinking about what I'm going to do after high school. I doubt my grades will be good enough for collage though. But That not what I'm asking for info on. I've decided I'd like to go to ether Toronto or Vancouver. Now I come form a little cousin kisser rednick town Sk. So I know a very limited amount about these cities. So I'd like top here you opinions which city would be better to live in. Weather, crime rate, cost, and concerts all of these and more are factors that I care about.
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by Doppelgänger
You spelled Vancouver wrong, dipshit

Yeah I kinda noticed that little late to fix it though
Guitar:
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
I say Toronto. Maybe I'm biased for having lived near it for so long?
When it comes to shows, pretty much everyone plays Toronto no matter who you like, and if they're not playing in Toronto, they're playing somewhere close. But then it's probably the same for Vancouver aha

I'm not helping any.
hug your local pug dealer!
I've had the experience of living in both Vancouver and Toronto as a teenager... Vancouver is a better city hands down but a few Torontonians tend to defend their honour to the death.
I live in the GTA... and i must say... even though i have never been to Vancouver, it must be a whole helluva lot better then T.O.

Vancouver FTW.
i would have to say montreal.

toronto has horrible traffic and a shitty hockey team
vancouver has overpriced housing and ridiculous weather
montreal, however, has the world's best strip clubs and easy french canadian women.
I'd say Van being a BC boy myself..
But there are better cities than those two that you could go to, check out Calgary or even Lethbridge. Much Cheaper.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by dannay

montreal, however, has the world's best strip clubs and easy french canadian women.

QFT!

Even though Montreal's older French-Canadian women are all stuck-up assholes.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I like Toronto, great place because it's big and populated and is also a band magnet. Granted, I'd take Montreal over either any day of the week...

EDIT: HOLDONAMINUTE. A Montrealer complaining about *Toronto's* traffic?
HAH.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Vancouver is way better. I was born in toronto, but i lived in vancouver (well a city right beside vancouver), but now i live in toronto again. but Vancouver is wayy better. not as much pollution, so u can breath good. you can see mountains usually on a clear day, that's a way better view than buildings, better hockey team, but it rains a lot. and its in an earthquake zone, and lots of bands don't come as often as toronto. toronto has way more ppl though, so thers a more chance that thers something there for u, in a way. but the olympics are comin to bc in 2010. And you got whistler, that's awesome place to go, especially in winter. but toronto's closer to new york, so u can visit. but vancouver is like closer to asian countries, so if you're like filipino like me, u get a cheaper plane ticket. but if u like to go to london or pakistan like me sometimes, then toronto's cheaper. plus thers like 3 universities in toronto, and a bunch right outside, but in vancouver thers only like 2, and the othe ones are kinda far. and u got this mystical creature called ogo pogo in okanagan lake, but u also have the PNe, but toronto also has the CNE. they're both great, i just like vancouver cuz i'm lonely here in toronto. but thye both have their pro's and cons.
Quote by dannay

Vancouver doesn't get ridiculous amounts of snow and freezing weather or extremely hot summers on average as much as the rest of the country, if that's what you mean. And somehow I don't see Montreal having easy women.
okay you know I hear how brutal pricing of housing is in Vancouver. So say or normal fresh out of highschool apartment how much would that cost.
Guitar:
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Quote by dannay

The man makes a GREAT point.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Vancouver!!!
Vancouver all the way!
There's fast access to local mountains, it's one of the cleanest cities in North America, the crime rate's not low, but it's definately ALOT less than Toronto, there's tons to do outside(beach right in the downtown, camping only 2 hours away, AGAIN mountains an hour away, Stanley Park right downtown), and tons more.
Plus there's tons of well paying jobs opening up thanks to the large demand from the Olympics, the booming housing market and the massive upgrade of the seaports.
Yes, the housing prices are high, but there's cheaper housing outside of downtown in the suburban areas with quick access to downtown through the skytrain, as long as you stay out of Surrey.
The weather is decent, excellent in the summer and pretty good in winter, we do get ALOT of rain in spring, but it's not really as bad as you'd really imagine since apparently we're notorious for the rain.
The one really easy thing to avoid though is the traffic going downtown, again you can get downtown easily thanks to an amazing transit system that's expanding a fair bit.

Yeah... Montreal is pretty sweet too apparently. The only problem I've heard about it is the snow. There is about the same amount of stuff to do in the city, but there's snow there for about half the year, even though you're probably used to that.

On top of that, this may be the case in many canadian cities, but if your grades aren't good enough to get into University right away, then there's credible schools here that you can get into and transfer to University without any problem.
Quote by unforgiven_hope
okay you know I hear how brutal pricing of housing is in Vancouver. So say or normal fresh out of highschool apartment how much would that cost.

Depends. But I recently saw a 1,000 sq. ft home in Vancouver, old as hell, selling for $800,000. Just to give you a taste of how overpriced it is.
do not move to ontario it sucks balls. vancouver is a bad idea without an education/job. you should spend some time working in alberta in the oil fields making the large $$
my gear
warwick corvette $$
warwick rockbass corvette
yamaha rbx 370
ibanez sw35 amp
Quote by dannay

Toronto has regular city traffic, a legacy hockey team.

Vancouver has expensive housing, reasonable rent, rains a lot in the winter, beautiful summers, great scenery, the ocean, mountains, it's never cold.

Montreal is freezing in the winter, mad hot in the summer, people can't ****ing drive (and you complain about Toronot??), the worst snow removal I have ever seen (they were tossing lit flares off of ****ing snow plows on the highway last time I was there).

Toronto has more concerts, Vancouver has plenty. I like both cities. I currently live in Vancouver, I'm from just outside Toronto.

Vancouver is much smaller.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
i think it all depends on what you want champ.

if you want a place with a view lots of great places for hiking, short trips to places that encourage snowboarding and the like go to vancouver

if you like the hustle and bustle of living in Canada's largest metropolis come to toronto.

I currently live in toronto, and have never had the chance to experience vancouver first hand but friend who have gone loved it, they say its like a smaller, cleaner, more laid back version of Toronto

the only thing that freaked them out was the amount of heroin addicts they saw when they'd go out at night

honestly i'd say why not go to both, if your just cruising around for a bit, go see all of canada, live in vancouver for a couple months, make some cash then go to toronto for a couple of months, or calgary or edmonton or montreal or halifax