Alright, so my school has a Peavey head and a 2x15 (i think) cabinet. they're both from about the mid 70's and the head makes a scratchy noise when plugged in. If I can talk the band teacher into it, I could probably get them cheap and have it fixed. would it be worth it or just get a new setup? im not so sure on the model, i could have that by tomorrow morning tho
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Depends on what it actually is, i suppose...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by icon_player_5
Alright, so my school has a Peavey head and a 2x15 (i think) cabinet. they're both from about the mid 70's and the head makes a scratchy noise when plugged in. If I can talk the band teacher into it, I could probably get them cheap and have it fixed. would it be worth it or just get a new setup? im not so sure on the model, i could have that by tomorrow morning tho

Would say just go for the head only unless the cab is actually 2 x 12's. And it depends on the model of both.... If its like a 5150 or Classic With tweed or Ultra it might be worth it...
I'll get back tomorrow with the model on them
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.