Page 1 of 2
Ever since the death of Dimebag, Phil Anselmo is a name which makes people's faces trun red with hatred and anger. But does Phil really deserve all of this animosity? Sure, if it weren't for his addiction to heroin Pantera would still be rocking out with their cocks out but that justify the amount of hatred? No. Not that alone. But the things the said and his way of acting towards Dime does. Or does it? Did he deserve to attend Dimebag's funeral (other than the fact that Dime said he never wanted to see him again)? Should he have had the chance to say goodbye? He seems genuinely sorry imho. What does The Pit think?
In school, they told me, "Practice makes perfect". Then they said, "Nobody's perfect", so I quit practicing.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
what does "think" mean?
I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it was an old wooden ship, that was used in the civil war-era.
Quote by The Madcap
I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it was an old wooden ship, that was used in the civil war-era.

and I like Phil. I think he did/does a hellofa job
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by SeveralSpecies
what does "think" mean?

What are your personal feelings about whether or not Phil deserves all the hatred he's been catching lately....I wouldn't be surprised if he commits suicide...
In school, they told me, "Practice makes perfect". Then they said, "Nobody's perfect", so I quit practicing.
Quote by The Madcap

Hahaha
why do people care so much about pantera?

and why are people such doucheholes as to not let Phil say his last goodbyes? It's like saying that he wanted him to die.
Meh, it's 3 years late by now... no changing what's already happened
When did this all happen?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by synpet713192

and why are people such doucheholes as to not let Phil say his last goodbyes? It's like saying that he wanted him to die.

Because Phil DID say he wanted someone to hurt Dime. And because Dimebag said he didn't want to ever be in the same room with Phil. They should respect Dime's wishes. Besides, Phil was a strung out junkie loser who did nothing but hurt the people who cared about him in the band.

Granted, I think the man is a legend.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
People don't realize a lot of the time that without Phil, Pantera would still be playing glam metal as opposed to the awesomeness that they did play. So raelly, you decide.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by synpet713192

theyre not my favorite band or anything.. but i still love them
and regardless of how old it is, its still worth talking about. ****. i remember seeing not too long ago on the news headlines of this very site for something about led zeppelin that happened over 30 years ago. that being said, i dont think 3 years is too much of a stretch.

Quote by CrushedCan
People don't realize a lot of the time that without Phil, Pantera would still be playing glam metal as opposed to the awesomeness that they did play. So raelly, you decide.

well uh, if you want to get technical, their last hair metal album had phil on vocals so uh.. that conversation holds no water and just backfired on you.
it was actually metallica who was the catalyst of panteras career.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Last edited by Archetype00 at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by synpet713192

In a magazine interview before the murder, Phil Anselmo said, in simple words, that Dime deserved to die. So... yea.

The Heroin and and that magazine interview are what turn me off about Anselmo. There's nothing wrong with a person who uses drugs. It's when the drugs take over that **** goes sour, and such is the case with Anselmo.
Spiral Out
I saw phil on the down tour in october, They dedicated a song to him, while phil spoke about him I have never seen such a sad look on anyones face. I think phil is sincerely sorry, hes been clean since 05 maybe? I don't know. According to him and with rex to back it up he had a back injury from playing on stage with pantera, He began drinking and such to numb the pain but moved onto drugs and heroine and just got addicted. He has recently had a back surgery a few years ago and has been clean since. Whether he will relapse or not I don't know but I have faith in him. I believe he should have been able to go to dimes funeral but if he did he might have been killed...Phil hurt dimebag when he made the statement that he deserved to be beaten, Rita and Vinnie will not forgive him for that. I think thats why alot of pantera fans wont forgive him either. I think dimebags death has put alot on phils shoulders and I'm sure he is still in pain over his death.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
whats a pantera?
is it like a boy falling out?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Phil Anselmo seems to be a very humble, wise man due to the death of Dimebag. I think he has paid his dues.
Quote by Spanky McGrits
What are your personal feelings about whether or not Phil deserves all the hatred he's been catching lately....I wouldn't be surprised if he commits suicide...

same here, i think doesn't deserve the sh!t that he is getting, i think he is sorry
Quote by fosho
whats a pantera?
is it like a boy falling out?

I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
Quote by Ledhead82048
same here, i think doesn't deserve the sh!t that he is getting, i think he is sorry

Sorry doesn't really take anything back, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

agreed....
FR sent
Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

Quote by SeveralSpecies

I thought it meant "TIGER"?????
Quote by Spanky McGrits
I thought it meant "TIGER"?????

I was quoting anchorman, lol. It probably means tiger.
^it actually means panther, go figure

tiger is tigre

assuming we're going on spanish, right?
Quote by WickedBeast666

Quote by fosho
^it actually means panther, go figure

tiger is tigre

assuming we're going on spanish, right?

It was discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it Pantera, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Ok enough of this.
Quote by fosho
^it actually means panther

What he said.

Quote by King Twili

Back 2 Phil Anselmo.....YAY or NAY?
I like Phil. He's one of my favorite metal singers, plus I've seen him live with Superjoint Ritual several times. Reading his lyrics and looking at interviews, he seems like he's really seen the world, and had some some hard times. It sucks that him and the Darrell family had a fight, but it's not my problem, nor it is any fans problem to be honest.
Quote by CowboyUp
I like Phil. He's one of my favorite metal singers, plus I've seen him live with Superjoint Ritual several times. Reading his lyrics and looking at interviews, he seems like he's really seen the world, and had some some hard times. It sucks that him and the Darrell family had a fight, but it's not my problem, nor it is any fans problem to be honest.

Yeah, I hope the day comes when Phil and Vinnie stop fighting. It would truly be a great day.

A day later the world would explode for irony.

Quote by King Twili

idk i like pantera quite a bit and my opinion is the lead singer was a drug addict. so what? it is not the first time a lead singer of a world famous band (a bad-ass world famous band) has ruined his life and/or someone else's due to drugs. its rock and roll. thats the way it is. we might not like it but the only thing we can do to prevent it is to stop taking whatever substance, and we all know that is not going to happen.
Quote by burrit0
Say your friend was high and doesn't know what he's talking about.
1) It's not us to decide, it's the people who were involved, like Dime's family and friends and the band. But in my opinion, Phil did a lot of bad stuff and I don't know if he can ever make up for it.
2) the whole pantera thing, Panther is a good explanation, but what about the Latin side, tera means world or land and pan could mean like a pandemic, which could mean World wide.
It is in no way Anselmo's fault that Dime died. You know whose fault it was?

The guy who fucking shot him.

Sure, Anselmo was fucked up on drugs, and he had an impact on the people around him, like most addicts do. It's his fault Pantera split, but it's not like Phil was thinking "gee, if I don't sober up Dime is gonna get shot in the face, but I don't care."

Jesus.

EDIT: And how can you hear/watch some of the statements he's made since Dimebag's death and not be convinced that he is immensely sorry?
dude. phil anselmo single handedly killed dime.
i also read march's guitar world, it made me feel that phil was a d1ck.
dimebag would have still been rocking our socks off, he really, really seemed like a nice guy. he didn;t crack under all the pressure of fame like most people do.
but still had a good time. i feel sorry for his girlfriend, and his brother..
LONG LIVE DIME!!!!!
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by that_1_dude24
He's dead.

well to you he is
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Who's giving him ****?

Also, Dime said that he never wanted to be in the same room with him again. That's why they didn't allow him to go.
Page 1 of 2