Most people are familiar with Keeley, but I'm curious as to how many have modded your pedals with the Monte Allums kits. What pedals did you mod, and how impressed were you.

I used to hate my boss pedals..... All of them except the chorus and Digital Delay.

Anyways, a While back when I was considering just tossing them(especially that damn nasally MT-2), I decided to invest some money(about $20 a pedal) into giving them one last chance to work for me...

I wound up modding my MT-2, SD-1, DD-3, and GE-7, and I have to say that after modding them I fell in love with them.... It was like night and day......

I love how the MT-2 has a much smoother gain structure and still snarls like a beast.. I prefer the gain from my amp, but have found applications with the MT-2 now that it's got such a cleaner, more stable sound.

The versatility with the SD-1 now is mind blowing with being able to switch between the Ibanez and Boss clipping patterns, plus another switch that switches the gain types..

And the DD-3 that has a switch that alters the decay of the highs in 3 modes...

I would recommend them to anyone for sure, especially if you've got Boss products, as I've never been OVERLY impressed with their pedals....

Share yours...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I just buy pedals that I like. I only have a few on my board. A couple Maxons and a Fulltone about does it.

Boss makes great pedals. There is a lot of hype out there about boutique this and that these days. A lot of the old kit still sounds really good.

People get all excited when I show my mint CE-1 boss pedal but the thing sounds horrible.

If you don't like Boss check out Maxon. They're fairly cheap and they sound good.
I had these guys sitting in a shoe box...... Never used them and now theyve become like my kids... I really couldn't stand that MT-2 after a while. Had that thing for 6 years and just couldn't get past the really nasal mids.... The SD-1 was just too thin sounding for me, and the only ones that I really used were the CE-5 and the DD-3. I wound up modding them about a year ago after blowing the dust off of them, and now I'm completely happy with my rig... Added so much more versatility, but I'm not one of those guys that's gonna have 16 effects on their board either... I saw a picture of Munky's setup one time and I was just like "You gotta be kidding me!" That cat has a freaking sound factory for his setup.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator