In the key of Am (i hope there is such thing) the notes are Am C D Dm F G A Am (hopefully right) Anyway, if i were to make a song in the key of Am, could i play the chords F C G Am? Or do i have to choose a specific pattern within the key of Am? Sorry if this sounds really noobish but i want to learn how to make songs in the key of something. If i missed anything sorry. Thanks.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
I'm confused...in the key of A minor the basic triads are: Am, Bdim, C, Dm, Em, F and G.

Yes those chords you have would work in Am and no you don't have to choose a pattern in Am, you don't even have to stay within the scale, it's just that if you stay within the scale the chords are bound to sound all right and wont clash and it makes soloing much easier.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by patfarlow
you can play amin Bdiminished cmaj dmin emin fmaj g7

Fixed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
In the key of Am (i hope there is such thing)

There is.

the notes are Am C D Dm F G A Am (hopefully right)

Not quite, the notes of the A natural minor scale are ABCDEFGA. As been said, the traids are Am Bdim C Dm Em F and G

if i were to make a song in the key of Am, could i play the chords F C G Am?

Yes, all those chords are in the key of A minor.

Or do i have to choose a specific pattern within the key of Am?

Not at all.