ESP LTD H-500 w/EMG's (the top guitar (transparent black))

Jackson DKMGT dinky

i'm going 2 probably wind up getting transparent black for either of them...but i'm not sure which is better, the price is around the same but i cant find a review for the ESP guitar anywhere

i play mostly hardcore music in my band if that helps the decision

right now i have a shecter C-1 plus...the connection in the jack is messed up so i'm forced 2 get a new guitar
my guitars
Esp LTD H500 with duncans
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
johnson (crappy strat. knock off starter guitar)
Last edited by andy3391 at Feb 7, 2008,
reverse headstocks are sick.

id choose the dinky.

(not solely for the headstock)...theyre nice to play...its hard to give you reasons when you havent actually tried either
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka

(not solely for the headstock)...theyre nice to play...its hard to give you reasons when you havent actually tried either

yea...guitar center has the jackson, but i cant find any store that i could test out the esp...
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
A lot of this is gonna come down to preference:

- Mahogany (which people say is the best for EMGs) vs. Maple (which is also good for EMGs)
- Set-thru vs. Bolt-on (comfort issue)
- Looks (self-explanatory)

Maybe the only thing that the LTD has on the Jackson is the Earvana nut. Might keep you in tune a bit better. But then, the Jackson has a compound radius fretboard, which some people like. I'd personally go for the LTD, since I wasn't a fan of the Jackson fretboard.

If you have a Sam Ash or a small local shop near you, those would most likely have ESP/LTDs. Guitar Centers don't carry them, except for maybe one or two used models.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
A lot of this is gonna come down to preference:

- Mahogany (which people say is the best for EMGs) vs. Maple (which is also good for EMGs)
- Set-thru vs. Bolt-on (comfort issue)
- Looks (self-explanatory)

Maybe the only thing that the LTD has on the Jackson is the Earvana nut. Might keep you in tune a bit better. But then, the Jackson has a compound radius fretboard, which some people like. I'd personally go for the LTD, since I wasn't a fan of the Jackson fretboard.

If you have a Sam Ash or a small local shop near you, those would most likely have ESP/LTDs. Guitar Centers don't carry them, except for maybe one or two used models.

which 1 would be closest to the sound of a C-1 plus but better, i like the neck for the EMG since its like the schecter
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
That Jackson isn't maple. Its Alder. The Jackson is the higher quality guitar by far imo, with a nicer finish, and better construction.
I've played both and they are both dope, but the necks are different and that might be a concern, i know esp's usually have a gibson like neck and jackson is similar to ibanez type necks, if you are used to Schecters the Esp is probably most similar feel...and the jack shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix.
Whoops, meant alder. My mistake. Still good for EMGs though.

In terms of feel and sound, the LTD would match up closer with the Schecter. Both have mahogany bodies, maple set necks, and rosewood fretboards. So just imagine the C-1+ with EMGs, and it'd be fairly close.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by cados121
dude, you can just re-solder the output jack or get a new jack, it'll cost you 5 bucks

agreed
Quote by cados121
dude, you can just re-solder the output jack or get a new jack, it'll cost you 5 bucks

yea i already had it fixed, now its like 5 months later and is bad again, i dont wanna bother wit it if its just gunna keep breaking
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Quote by Grog_ZE_Impaler
Esp bolt on=gay IMo

the ESP isnt the one 1 with a bolt on the neck...the jackson is
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)