Hi I have the choice between these 2 guitars an Iommi Epiphone Signature or a Gibson SG Gothic, there's abit of a price difference but that doesn't matter.

I just want the best playing/sounding guitar I play heavy metal and abit of thrash which would give me the best playing.

I have a Randall RG75G2 amp to play through.

Cheers.
if its a real gibson sg gothic, get it... if its an epiphone goth dont, get the iommi
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Get the iommi!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
It's an original Gibson Gothic SG does the Iommi-Ephiphone have better pickups or would they be the same sounding ?
They wouldnt sound the same at all my friend, but the Epi Iommi does have gibson pickups. The major difference is a completely different tone and dont quote me but i think the gibson sg goths pickups are hotter.
I do believe the iommi sig pickups are the hottest pickups gibson makes and i think they may be active last one not sure they look like actives
i think the iommi has gibson usa iommi humbuckers, while the goth sg has alcino magnet buckers.
ive played both, and personaly, i like the iommi better.
The Gibson Gothic SG has Gibson 498T pickups (I believe...). The Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi sig is a G-400 with a different neck and Gibson Tony Iommi sig pick-ups. Personally, I really like my G-400, so I'd go with the Tony Iommi model. But, the Gibson is a Gibson, and if the price is right...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The Epiphone should sound better, but in terms of feel i'm not sure. I say get the Iommi.
Damn it's a hard decision the Gibson is $300 dearer is it worth it, just for the name ?

There nearly the same aren't they ?
iommi more frets betters sound better neck better pickups better wood and even a better neck
You should NEVER buy the guitar for the name. Try them both (if you can) and decide then.
A poll would have been helpful.

Anywho, SG Gothic. It's a nice looking thing, and it's a Gibson.

Edit: Unless, the Gibson is way more expensive.