Page 1 of 2
Most signature models but especially the Gibson Custom Shop models and ESP (NOT LTD) signature guitars.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The esp kirk hammet 20th aniversary..10 grand
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
thats not exactly true the sigs like the razorbacks, vmnt's etc. are too much but most of there stuff is quite affordable
gibson les paul customs
Ibanez RG120 (EMG 81s)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400
Diezel Herbert w/ Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cab
Boss ME-50
DOD FX40B Equalizer
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR M-133
Quote by postmortem2006
Any gibson, ESP, dean or parker guitars

In before Pifty tears a strip off this dude.

Also, the ESP custom shop is ludicrously expensive.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I second PRS. They get outrageous...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Gibson. Epiphone.

/thread.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Reildeal
I second PRS. They get outrageous...

yeah, they're beautiful but they make my wallet cry
Quote by deluxity
yeah, they're beautiful but they make my wallet cry

Yeah they are, and they sound freakin sweet as hell too. Last time I was in guitar center though, I DID notice that there's quite a few models at the $500 to $700 price point now though....... Worth looking into an possibly trying one out!
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
It is hard to compete with the Eddie Van Halen signature simply because it is a replica of a guitar made from either used or blemished neck and body and a lot of inexpertly done modifications and probably amounted to about $500 worth of parts.

Then I would say ESP artist models because quite often you can usually buy the exact same guitar from ESP with a slightly different finish for about 1/5 the price. I am almost positive one of the Artist series is the exact same guitar with different color paint jobs, but each one is priced randomly.
The Jackson King Kelly 25th Anniversary. It's like £3500 and it isn't even that great. I played one last week, it felt and sounded pretty average, it just looked cool.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Reildeal
Yeah they are, and they sound freakin sweet as hell too. Last time I was in guitar center though, I DID notice that there's quite a few models at the $500 to $700 price point now though....... Worth looking into an possibly trying one out!

They're hardly worth trying out actually.

Gibson is definately the most overpriced guitar company.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Let's fast forward this thread a little bit -

- people are going to say Gibson are shit, overrated and overpriced.

- people are going to say Fender are shit, overrated and overpriced.

- some wee Epi Elitist fanboy will claim that Epi Elitists are TEH PWNORZ!!! GIBSON SUCKS EPI ELITSIST'S COCK!

- some wee metal fanboy dick will say BC Riches/Jackson/Dean are TEH PWNORZ!!! FENDER/GIBSON SUCK BC RICHES/JACKSON/DEAN'S COCK!

- hatefest between Gibson and Fender will ensue, simultaneuosly a hatefest between the Gibson/Fender traditionalists and the aformentioned wee metal fanboy dick will also take place.

- spamspamspam.

- thread closed.

The End. Lets just give up now, it's inevitable
^lmao this is very true, plus this thread has been posted like a million times any way.

Now I have got that metal madness, but I do think Dean guitars are over priced, specifially any Dime Bag model, purely on the exploitation factor.

I dont think PRS is too over priced (obviously theres a limit) as what you get is a pure sex sounding work of art.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Gibson and Fenders (Yes even MIM, MIJ/CIJ are superb value for money if you can get them imported properly and not pay twice the price on them at the local store..).

The two of them could release any dumb ass model and people would buy it, which gives them the excuse to make crap guitars then overprice them as much as possible...
Quote by Dudage
...the ESP custom shop is ludicrously expensive.
Word.

My SC607 as a whole cost as much as adding just the neck-thru option to an ESP custom order.

PRS is expensive, but the quality is unmistakable.

Gibson IMO is probably the worst bang for the buck...flame away. I've never played one worth a quarter of its price tag.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
PRS guitars are either $2000+, and "handmade" by child labour, or $450-$900 SE models, made in Asia by robots.

That being said, the SE models are a great value.

I dislike the tags on many Deans. I love a couple of their budget and mid-range guitars, but their Dime-whoring really gets to me.

I dislike Gibson's prices. Either a great guitar for $2200, or a guitar that looks like a great guitar but got set up by a drunk jackhammer operator fo $1200.
The only thing that is overpriced is something you can't afford to pay for.

These guitars all sell.

People buy them and the company doesn't go out of business so they're not overpriced.
Gibson's overpriced?
Do you have idea how they're made and how much the woods cost?
Your basically paying for quailty, although i say that with expections. Squire have shot out some great guitars priced at nearly nothing, then again they've also made some really bad stuff.
Gibson's aren't aimed at college students. Thats why epiphone was created. PRS are stupidly overpriced though, considering gibsons are handmade.

Enough said really.
there are a million of these threads, slight better than the "owners of XXX unite!", wish i could make those guys feel my pain
No guitars are overpriced. You may just not be able to justify the cost yourself.

Is a Gibson Custom Shop VOS worth £3,000+? Yes, yes it is. If you were touring the world and playing huge stadiums to 70,000+ people every night and needed the absolute top, most reliable quality with the best possible tone and were raking in the money, a few thousand on a guitar is more than worth it.

On the other hand if you're just some bedroom hero, as so many people here are (don't worry, I include myself in this), then spending several thousand on any piece of equipment is completely stupid.

Does this mean the guitar is overpriced? No, it just means that the majority of people are not in a position to justify that sort of spending for themselves.
Quote by IceTele
The only thing that is overpriced is something you can't afford to pay for.

These guitars all sell.

People buy them and the company doesn't go out of business so they're not overpriced.

thats the stupidest damn thing ive read all day
guitars are overpriced if they have cheap parts crappy playability and **** sound
and they still charge outrageous prices for them
theres always gonna be dumbasses that buy them
but that doesnt mean they arent overpriced
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by diminishedtobme
^^At least you get quality and value with PRS, I cant say the same for Dean.

To be honest I disagree about the dean comment. I've never played a more comfortable guitar than my ML... And it's sturdy as fort knox.
Quote by jacklarby
Gibson's overpriced?
Do you have idea how they're made and how much the woods cost?
Your basically paying for quailty, although i say that with expections. Squire have shot out some great guitars priced at nearly nothing, then again they've also made some really bad stuff.
Gibson's aren't aimed at college students. Thats why epiphone was created. PRS are stupidly overpriced though, considering gibsons are handmade.

Enough said really.

I can think of hundreds of tasks that are much more reliably and precisly completed by machines.
i guess you can call a guitar overpiced when the manufacturer falls flat on it arse because nobody buys them.....

Anybody recall which guitar manufacturer over the past say ten years has gone bust..?

me neither, we keep em in business !!
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I can think of hundreds of tasks that are much more reliably and precisly completed by machines.
The precision things (nut cutting, fret measurements, etc) are done by machine. The carved tops, headstock shape, and final fittings, are hand-made.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

word. handmade doesn't necessarily means that it's top notch
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Fender's are technically handmade as well. The stock pieces are cut out by machines, but the last bits of wood (the important bit mind you) are removed by hand. Just because a guitar isn't totally handmade doesn't mean the important parts aren't.

I'd have to say gibsons are a bit overpriced. Sure you get nicer woods and such but as far as action sound and playability are concerned I really don't think you get much for the money.

My Jimmie Vaughan is probably a bit overpriced but it's got the tex-mex pickups (the american versions of these are nearly 200 alone) and it was wired the way I wanted and had a custom contour neck I'd say it's not too bad.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Page 1 of 2