Hey guys i've been trying to find a red vintage airline like Jack Whites for about 4 years ebay ain't turning up crap. Does anyone know much about the thrift shop methods of obatin vintage axes of this caliber.
Quote by Stratmaster458
Hey guys i've been trying to find a red vintage airline like Jack Whites for about 4 years ebay ain't turning up crap. Does anyone know much about the thrift shop methods of obatin vintage axes of this caliber.

Not sure if this'll help, you probably know if you're as much of a fan as me, that there is a reissue of that airline guitar made by some company, or are you looking for the real deal cuz i know that it's a pretty iconic guitar, not sure if anyone would want to give one up easily.

You might as well mug Jack for it!
The company that has been remaking the airline models is Eastwood Guitars.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I own one of those reissues, and I must say, it's amazing. If you have any questions about the reissue, feel free to ask me.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I've considered the reissue but i want to try to get a real one before them become worth like 50,000 bucks they are already in the 1000-3000 range. If i cant get a real one i'll eventually get a reissue one.
Other than being hard to find, you should also understand a little bit about them.

The original National Airlines were made with "reso-glass" bodies and had solid wood bolt on necks. I can't recall what the actual period in time was, but many models did not have a truss rod. So if the neck became warped, there was no real way to adjust it. They also had a bridge and saddle similar to an accoustic, so adjusting action is also a little more difficult, if at all possible.

They do make very interesting collector's pieces though. A friend of mine had one that was in near mint condition, sold for $1200 at a local guitar show last year.

If you're looking for something serious to play though, I would strongly suggest going with an Eastwood remake.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
there is an original in perfect condition red and white with original case on ebay.co.uk now for 2200 but i think he will sell for cheaper cos its been listed a few times with no bids its got 3 days left