Ok... I've got a Jim Dunlop JH-1 Jimi Hendrix wah pedal, had it for about a year now, but it's being a pain in the ass...
I've never liked a certain muddiness about its sound, especially down the low end (heel end)... it sounds kind of fake or something... or like it doesn't roll smoothly...
Also now I think either the switch is broken or the felt above the switch has worn down so that now at certain times I can't turn on or off my pedal properly... it goes into this limbo state where the pedal should be off but it goes really quite and still "wahs" slightly... I tried sticking a guitar pick to the felt above the switch and that helped, but don't know if it's good long-term.

So I'm thinking of either modding the wah to an extent or just buying a new wah... Like a Vox or a GCB-95 original Crybaby... What do you think?

And I have a PROEL volume pedal, but noticed that lots of people mod these... what mods can you do to a PROEL volume?
for the wah, check the ultimate wah thread
for the modding check the wah modding thread...searching helps dude

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well don't replace it with another Crybaby, the only diff between the Hendrix one and the GCB-95 is one capacitor.

maybe you should try changing it to 0.01uF, becasue right now it's twice that, which i never thought sounded good in a wah.
does it have a 470k pot too? I think I heard that somewhere
Guitarcrazy1991: Is the v847 a Vox wah?...

Awesome thanks for the help... the wah, as much as it has served me well, is pretty crap at being a wah.... the wah slur doesn't roll very smoothly... you can hear it notching (ie. if you move the treadle slowly from heel to toe the transition of the sound isn't smooth)... if you know what I mean...

I've always dug the Ibanez WH-10 wah sound (as many probably do also)... what kind of wah would you suggest?
Quote by loop-de-luke
I7arkside(Moon): Noticed you have a Marshall DSL100 yes? What's it like? and what kind of music do you use it for (what bands are you in etc)... Cause I was looking at getting one but wasn't sure

I play everything from classical (not neo-classical, even though i play that too lol) to SRV to Pink Floyd to Buckethead. It's a versatile amp, with some good tones. But if you're looking to get a high gain tone, you are just not gonna get it without some pedal or mod. I like to think of it as a jack of all trades master of none, maybe master of ac/dc crunch. I would recommend it i love it's "marshall" tone. However from what i've heard the Dsl > Tsl tonewise, in case you were wondering. Also i've heard that 100watts gives more headroom for cleans. Things i hate about the amp is the tone shift, and the lead 2 channel, and the stock tubes. But once you get it all set up, its orgasmic. Oh and i bought mine used for $600 locally. Hope that helps.
Quote by loop-de-luke
Guitarcrazy1991: Is the v847 a Vox wah?...

Awesome thanks for the help... the wah, as much as it has served me well, is pretty crap at being a wah.... the wah slur doesn't roll very smoothly... you can hear it notching (ie. if you move the treadle slowly from heel to toe the transition of the sound isn't smooth)... if you know what I mean...

I've always dug the Ibanez WH-10 wah sound (as many probably do also)... what kind of wah would you suggest?

The V847 is indeed a wah. And a good one IMO, I have one.