A few questions for a build I am planning for this summer:

-First off, I know that using lower value tone capacitors will give you more treble, and vice versa, but how much more? As in, if I put in a switch to change between say a .001uf and a .047uf would I be able to hear enough of a difference to justify doing so?

-If I did the above, what are the lowest and highest values it would be possible to use?

-Does anyone know of any 1 meg/1 meg concentric pots?

-Last of all, if I use no-load pots for volume as well as tone, would there be any negative effects of setting them all to 'no-load' at the same time? (Is this just a bad idea?)

Thanks in advance!
ps-Yes, I am a treble freak.
.047uf and .001uF is too much difference. .001uF is only 1/47th the capacitance of .047uF. which means it'd do nothing. when the tone control is on 10, there will be subtle difference between the two caps.

you can use any value. but only some work nice with guitar's tone control. i do NOT think .001uF is one of them.

stew mac or smallbear might have 1M/1M concentrics. or do u want dual gang pots?

i think no-load controls are pretty cool. i don't think there would be any negative effects for using it both. it just means it'd be like a bypass switch.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Okay, so do I even need a tone capacitor? I just want like, insane amounts of treble, but I want to be able to back it off if needed, plus I just wanted to try something original.
just use a .022uF cap. it works for pretty much everything. and if it's turned up, it wouldn't matter what cap you have.

and are you going for originality or good tone? cuz being original doesn't always equal good sound.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
u can. but i think the shafts are too long for using on a guitar.

and you don't really need the tone capacitors. but if you don't use it, then it'd be just flat better to not even use a tone control.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Oh, i just realized that the capacitor is used for bleeding off treble when the tone is turned down, so if I didn't have a capacitor, I basically wouldn't be able to turn the tone down right?

And nevermind on those pots, they are too long, plus the place requires a $10 minimum order. What would I do with 40 pots?
if you don't have a capacitor, but instead, if u short the capacitor, then it would bleed off the whole signal to ground. and it's not that pleasant to do that.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well there goes all of my crazy plans! I'm just gonna use the 4 no-loads. I guess that's kind of crazy.

As a last question, any tips for getting the most treble? out of the guitar itself
u can put in a bass cut circuit... but thats about all i know... use bridge pickup, trebly pickup, stuff like that...

turn the amp's treble up, use trebly speakers, treble boosters, yea.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yea. for a tone control, cut the bass instead of cutting the treble.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard