im considering getting a drum kit for my b'day, i actually play guitar, for a yr now, i wonna give drums ago
just a good, cheap, kit i can play around with, and possibly with a double bass

any suggestions?
Tama Rockstars are nice, but I'm not sure how many 2 bass drum sets the make. Pearl also makes great sets.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
You could get a double kick instead of a double bass.

But if you do get a double kick, get a good one.
first act sell a set through wal mart for under $200 if ur looking for a cheap set. It has everthing too shells, heads, hardware, cymbals. it even comes with sticks.
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
And by a good one he means either the Pearl Eliminators or the Tama Iron Cobras or the DW 9000, ordered from best to worst
EDIT: these are pedals FYI
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
omg i love my iron cobra! i found a cheap single pedal used at gc for like $56 i love it its really springy and loud and responsive.
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
I think i'd get the iron cobra but I'd really like it to have a 4 sided head like the eliminators...
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
double kick/bass sux! just learn to play fast w/one foot and use a lot of toms like FOB

Space that ain't yours
wow, thanks for the input, whats the price on the tama, my price range is bout 400-500 maybe 6(max), $AU. So, with the double kick, i should settle with one then save for a double later?