So, I decided to write my fiance' a song for valentines day, and I need some crit on it before sending to her, it's in my profile, Hush Little...

Any tips, pointers?

...Please, ignore the lyrics.

C4C
Cool riff at the start - the harmony is spot on aswell. Nices drums - good tight performance.

Reminds me alot of Inflames and Necrophagist. Melodic Death Metal FTW.

Nice idea for the solo - Perhaps develop the bass behind it more though - to give it a nice rhythmic feel.

I can't really tell what the lyrics are to be honest Lol - so i can't put any poitners on them.

Good job on it. Im sure your fiance will love it.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
The intro is pretty cool, I especially like the drums because they give the song that industrial vibe.

The riff at :44 is really interesting and the rhythm behind the solo was pretty nice, too. The solo was okay, but it seemed a little off time and the tone wasn't very good.

As for the lyrics, I think I heard the word "diamond ring" in there somewhere??

Anyway, thats awesome that your fiance can appreciate music like this, I'm sure she'll love it.
Am I missing something? I can't see a song on your profile.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
There's no songs in your profile.

I'll edit in my crit once you have the song up.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't look there.

I like the intro, it is very powerful. The leads on top sound good, too. I didn't like the singing, but that's just personal preference so don't worry about it.

Your playing is very solid and accurate, especially the ending, I liked that.

The only issue I have is that the song is not varied enough. It's almost the same all the way through, apart from the last solo part. But, overall, very good job.

Thanks for critting mine!
Last edited by 12Jim34 at Feb 11, 2008,