hey guys,
i have recently bought a Behringer x-vamp effect pedal off ebay from America (Im in Australia), when i got it and put the power supply in the power point ( with an adapter ofcourse) but unfortunately the adapter to make it fit into Australian powerpoints DIDNT convert voltage from 240v to 110v so, as you could imagine the power supply **** itself ( 9vac, if anyones wandering) my step-dad went out and bought a new power supply (9vdc) i plug it in, powers up alright, turn amp on, there is ALOT of feedback (which i knew was a bad sign) i strum the guitar, no noise, change guitar, no noise, change leads, no noise, done everything possible to test if its working and it doesnt seem to be.. my questions are

- should a take the DC power supply back and get an AC one (would it make a difference?)

- has anyone else experienced this problem and know what to do?

much thanks in advance
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
I think it's more correct to refer to it as "ac/dc", particularly in australia...

The power supply is dead, however the unit might have been damaged too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 8, 2008,
Stupid question, but is the pedal connected the right way!! i.e. is the cable from the guitar go to the guitar socket on the pedal. It's probably not this, but I did this with a Dunlop Cry Baby to see what would happen, and it gave loads of feedback.

Sorry if I've just insulted your intelligence!!
lol nah bro ur right.. for the record yeah i do hav the pedal connected the right way.. i have also tried putting it in the other way jus to test and still nothing.. im going over to my friends house 2morrow to use his power supply ( he has the same pedal and same power supply but his his alternating current... i think it would be pretty safe to say it needs to be AC rather than DC yeah?

Quote by chll

thanks man

Quote by chll