Page 1 of 5
Quote by JackalUK
Metallica, the more successful they became, the worse their music got

+1

And blink 182, but if they weren't around, Adam's Song wouldn't be around, so it's a 50/50 there
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
green day...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by JackalUK
Metallica, the more successful they became, the worse their music got

That's very true. All Metallica albums released in the 80's = Awesome. Anything after AJFA = Load of bollocks (especially St. Anger).
Quote by 12Jim34
That's very true. All Metallica albums released in the 80's = Awesome. Anything after AJFA = Load of bollocks (especially St. Anger).

loved how you got "LOAD" in there cos load was bollocks too.

glad metallica made it big tho, cos i wouldnt really know of them

hmmmm band that i wish never made it big? smashing pumpkins, arctic monkeys, lost prophets
Quote by Trellis
loved how you got "LOAD" in there cos load was bollocks too.

glad metallica made it big tho, cos i wouldnt really know of them

hmmmm band that i wish never made it big? smashing pumpkins, arctic monkeys, lost prophets

Woah, that was actually an unintended pun. Didn't notice at all.
Guns n Roses, coz then maybe Axl wouldn't have gone so power crazy, and they might never had split up.

EDIT:
Quote by Big_Rat
Linkin Park, their new stuff is bollocks.

This is Bands that you wish never made it big, not Bands you wish never changed their style.
Last edited by soulflyV at Feb 8, 2008,
MCR Fallout boy and i know KISS is gonna pop up =\

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by The_Netherlands
tokio hotel shouldn't be around worst band ever, f*king germans :P

yeah, they are the epitome of suck. I think that band was started by the Anti Christ. He took a sh*t one day and when he looked into the toilet, he did not see the expected heep of cr*p, but four little boys playing whiney music.

Though we have better bands around here my friend. Do not loose thy faith in us
Any band, I would say Nirvana. For one, Kurt would still be alive, plus the music style they brought out with them wouldn't have influenced so many of the current trends.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Kurt knew what he was doing. He didn't have to let Smells Like Teen Spirit get re-mixed and made super radio friendly. He may not have liked success after a few years, but I'd bet my left ass-cheek that he wanted to make it big at some point in his career. And he did.

Good on him.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
I agree with all these except Megadeth, while I personally am not gobsmacked like most metalheads at Mustaines awesomeness, I believe they havn't changed at all.

Good Charlotte were always ****house, but the size of the turd they lay on music is directly proportional to the amount of dumbasses supporting them
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by Don_Humpador
Arctic Monkeys.

+Several.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by KISSguitarist
MCR Fallout boy and i know KISS is gonna pop up =\

I have to agree with the first two:

FOB - I've known them for years and it pisses me off to hear 14yr old airheads saying "oMFG! The lead singer of FOB, Pete Wentz ( )is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!"

grrr.

MCR - I'm a die hard fan but I hate everyone who hears teenagers (a year after my friends and I had basically claimed as our anthem) and say they MCR's "BIGGEST FAN" + Hearing Teenagers censored on commercial radio broke my heart.

ANARCHY LOVE! ♥
D ♥ Tonight Will Stand as a Testament to Hope Every Scar Burning Bright I Will Stay by Your Side Don't Close Your Eyes ♥ www.myspace.com/aly_the_anarchist :
Last edited by alytheanarchist at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by loc66sic
adams song isnt that good

Yeah, it's not my sort of music but I just like it for some reason
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I'd say LostProphets simply becuase they have changed style with every album to incorporate the current trend at the time in order to sell records, and are thus the epitome of what is wrong with modern rock and are just a slave to the record label

I'd also say Gogol Bordello, just becuase I liked being one of the few people who liked them, and now they have Madonna going on and on about them and all that, hell they were even in the charts at HMV, and their last album just contained a wiff of self parody, and wasn't nearly as good as Underdog World Strike

sigh, Im just an elitist sonofabitch
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by 12Jim34

HEY GUISE, JUST WANTED TO REMIND YOU THAT YOUR OPINION =/= FACT.

LULZ.

Quote by skippy_moogoose
I'd say LostProphets simply becuase they have changed style with every album to incorporate the current trend at the time in order to sell records, and are thus the epitome of what is wrong with modern rock and are just a slave to the record label

sigh, Im just an elitist sonofabitch

LOL QUE.

Remind me when Lostprophets did hip-hop, nu-metal and metalcore to fit in with the current trend? I hated the third album, but accusing them of being their record label's bitches is just stupid.

Also, I think this thread is plain ridiculous. If you don't like a band, don't listen to them, full stop. Whats the point in bitching about them having a record deal?

You really think Green Day or Avenged Sevenfold or trivium are going to look at this thread and say "Hey guise, he duznt liek us, may b we shud quit lulz"
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Feb 8, 2008,
linkin park's new stuff SUCKS
metallica...more fame, more filler
um...fall out boy?
Quote by Draken
Razorlight.

+1 the bigger they got the more inflated Johnny Borrels ego got ( and it was pretty ****ing huge to begin with!)

And Kate Nash because she writes horrible music and probably sets fire to orphanages.
all modern bands except teh metelz (metalcore i don't care about, it can die with the rest)
I really don't understand why Job For a Cowboy exploded like they did. They don't sound particularly different than the 300 other deathcore bands out these days.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I really don't understand why Job For a Cowboy exploded like they did. They don't sound particularly different than the 300 other deathcore bands out these days.

Pay attention to this guy... he knows things
Strokes. Fkn hate there whiny wank rock with a passion and Franz Ferdinand.

Other then that im glad metallica made it and all other bands that were once good but now fallen. You dont have to listen to there **** stuff do you.
Quote by kaptink
+1 the bigger they got the more inflated Johnny Borrels ego got ( and it was pretty ****ing huge to begin with!)

And Kate Nash because she writes horrible music and probably sets fire to orphanages.

Hey, I like Kate Nash. ...

As for bands I never wish made it big? Arctic Monkeys, Job for a Cowboy, Mindless Self Indulgence, and many other bands.
666 BRO
Too many.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Kiss.
Metallica.
Fall out boy.
Panic at the disco.

all pure ****ing garbage.
I hate to say it, but Dragonforce

Well..

Nah I take it back. But they should sometimes take themselves a bit mopre srriously from time to time
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Turn on MTV or BET...

Post list of bands you see here.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Radiohead.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 5