Im getting an Ibanez RG7321 soon and im thinking about putting a set of DiMarzio D-Activators in her. im looking for a hard rock/metal tone and have heard some pretty good things about these pups. will they mix well with the basswood body and the low tuning?
If you have a good tube amp then they should pretty good. If you don't have a good tube amp then save your money and get a good tube amp 1st.
Not taking any online orders.
Yes they work well together. Petrucci's original MM guitars were basswood with DiMarzios (different ones though).
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by lp_dude_2
well i believe my B-52 AT-212 with a High Gain JJ Re-tube kit is good enough, wouldnt you say?

Should work well then.
Not taking any online orders.
Might want to consider the D-Sonic and the Blaze bridge too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'd recommend twin Blazes.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by aznrockerdude
Might want to consider the D-Sonic and the Blaze bridge too.

used to have a D-Sonic, didnt like it, sounded to sterial to me

Quote by pifty
I'd recommend twin Blazes.

blazes huh? ill look into them. any piticular reason why you recomend them?
Quote by lp_dude_2
blazes huh? ill look into them. any piticular reason why you recomend them?
Them's my personal favourite pickups. No matter how I eq it, it stays clear. Clear bass, clear treble, clear inbetween if your amp pumps strong mids. I find that where a ToneZone gets muddy, the Blaze stays crisp.

Ibanez Universes come standard with Blazes, and they do make some lovely sounds.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Got a D-Activator in the bridge of my RG1570 and it sounds great. Got a breed in the birdge too, lovely warm tone.
well i looked into them and they do sound pretty nice. but i noticed there was a Blaze 7 and a Blaze Custom 7, the Custom has more mids and was labeled more of a soloist's pup, which im mainly a rythem player, but i do dabble in soloing once in awhile. which do yall think would be better, the regular Blaze 7 or the Custom?