Who here likes buckethead? This is going to sound stupid but I always thought that Buckethead was Joe Satriani cause he always has that buckethat on but i googleed buckethead and was like WTF, he is awesome but kinda freaky but really good in my opinion what are your thoughts of him?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
yeah i know he awesome id never heard of his music so i typed his name into youtube and BAM! this guy comes up with sick songs and a mask.
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

He can do everything >.<
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
Buckethead is easily the best guitarist out there, not just technique-wise either. If you put the best guitar players from every genre into one guy with a KFC bucket on his head, you'd have Buckethead.
But some of his stuff is just weird, like its not even guitaring, its just strange noises. But when he plays, he does well. I think alot of people get turned off by his image but until people can learn to ignore the goofy image and listen to the music, he won't become really famous.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Random fact:

Buckethead is actually a woman, and her real name is Brittney Spears.

Yeah, completely shatters your world, huh?
Quote by HandsomeFrank
Random fact:

Buckethead is actually a woman, and her real name is Brittney Spears.

Yeah, completely shatters your world, huh?

+1 WIN
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
buckethead is the ****
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
Buckethead is a good guitarist. I think if he lost the bucket, mask etc. and actually played a specific genre of music, and wasn't so experimental, he would get a helluva lot more recognition.
Be cool.
Buckethead is amazing, the amount of albums hes been on and released himself is astounding.
He also writes film scores, he is an overall guitar god.
Bucket head is one of my favorite guitarists of all time... That guy can play anything he wants.... Any genre..any style..

I just happen to think that when you get to that level of playing, the only way to keep it fresh is to be experimental... But listen to songs like "Jordan", the entire "Enter The Chicken Album", and the amazingly beautiful "Electric Tears" Album...

Songs like "Sketches of Spain" and "Spell of the Gypsies" are just an incredible testament to his musical ability in regards to conventional playing along the classical lines and cultural flavor.

He's got a lot of albums that have been released, some of which will take you to the outer edges of our solar system, and some that will keep you firmly planted in green pastures...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Feb 8, 2008,
He's amazing, but sometimes I feel like he really just runs out of ideas and starts making sound effects... which is cool, but I really want to hear music.

He's incredibly diverse.
I haven't heard anything I really care for, but yet again I've only heard one or two songs.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
hes boring imo, and ive got every right to say that, ive been listening to him sice 04...half you people play guitar hero then make buckethead threads...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
hes boring imo, and ive got every right to say that, ive been listening to him sice 04...half you people play guitar hero then make buckethead threads...

Damn dude, kind of.... pompous and prickish to make a post like that man..

"And I've got every right to say that" - Nobody said you didn't bro...

You came in here and spent the time to make post like that? And one that speculates and judges "half you people".... wow man

What's the secret to your "enlightened state"...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA
What's that red button he's pushing?

And... I really do like buckethead, although I've only heard a few of his songs.
I'd love a mask like that as well.
That's be kick-*ss.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
He has kill switches installed in some of his guitars....

Similar to when tom morello has one dead or removed pickup so that when he flips the pup selector it kills the signal.

Also, that LP he's playing is custom made and ins much bigger than a normal LP body. He is a big man.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I realize these things.
I personally hate Tom Morello, BTW.

Anywho... this isn't a killswitch, because when he taps it, it creates sound.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by bi-ah!

If he's boring, why have you been listening to him since 04..?

Half of us play guitar hero then make Buckethead threads? SOURCE PLZKTHX.

Even if some one only heard of him because of guitar hero, are they not allowed to become a fan?

Back on topic, I've been listening to Buckethead for a while, Since late 03 or early 04, I can't really remember. He's an amazing guitarist, and if you're looking for a few good albums check out In search of Inbred Mountain, peppers ghost, Elephant Mans Alarm Clock, and Crime Slunk Scene(soothsayer=KICK ASS SONG!). There's tons of others....but why give you a list of them, when instead you could be listening to his music instead of reading a list of it!?

Quote by Fryer Mike

It's a killswitch..
Last edited by afrothunder6970 at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by Fryer Mike
I realize these things.
I personally hate Tom Morello, BTW.

Yes sir, it is in fact a killswitch. His release is what allows the sound, in otherwords his tempo on pushing it would be on the off beat. Otherwise there would be no signal from the guitar when he stops using it.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I don't understand the concept of that killswitch then.
If the purpose of a killswitch is to kill sound... and stop the pickups from working, how is it making sound when he taps the little red square.
Also, and from the same video I sent a link for earlier....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA
There seems to be little barely noticeable buttons on the guitar... on the top bow near the neck, and lower near his knobs.

What is it?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Man that's so kick-*ss...

he's like a ghost. It's kinda creepy.
Anywho... now I want a killswitch. They seem pretty convenient.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by bi-ah!

thats like if you look at the top 100 tabs its all songs from guitar hero but i heard of buckethead through making a mistake with his name

hey also whats the go with him aswell like is he sane too? cause since i heard about him i been reading about him and he says that he grew up in a coop or something and chickens raised him? and has anyone ever seen him with out hte mask and hat

I saw one supposed picture of him without the mask, and that was from some add clipping from a newspaper when he was much younger looking for a band..

Yeah, as far as I can speculate he's sane. All that sh!t about the chickens and the coops and stuff is just wierd **** he made up man...

To me, he seems like a really shy musical phenom that more or less finds comfort in playing with a mask on.......... who knows except him... But he's been part of some pretty well known things. He played with Guns N Roses for a bit, and jams with Les Claypool from time to time.
Enter the Chicken even has him collaberating with Serj Tankian of SOAD...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by bi-ah!

Ok...

1. Why listen for that long if you think hes boring?
2. Everyone has the right to say that they think he's boring. Its called an opinion.
3. People are allowed to become fans of bands through GH.
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!11!!!1

Personally I think he's brilliant.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Phoenix322
Buckethead is the man.

Assuming, of course, that Buckethead is a man....
Quote by bi-ah!

Really? Comparing Electric Tears to songs on Monsters and Robots to the Enter the Chicken album seems to provide a wide variety......I got into him like 4 months before GH2 so I'm safe.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Hmm,strange and freaky,likes KFC and dares not show hes face even with his unique style,no wonder he never got much credit :/

BTW,his les paul reminds of the Guitar hero's 3 les paul,LOL
His name is Brian.

His first guitar teacher was a man named Pebber Brown (sp?) youtube him.

Supposedly there is a picture of him with Shawn Lane. Just google Shawn Lane images and you will see a picture of Shawn with a freakishly lanky guy thats a dead ringer for Buckethead right down to his finger tips. Supposedly Brian and Shawn were good friends before Shawn died.

He's amazing.

First time I saw him was a few years ago when GnR popped out at the end of an MTV awards show. There he was, jamming with his black locks, bucket and mask. I flipped and was a fan ever since.

*In fact, here ya go*

Link
Last edited by Axe Murderer at Feb 15, 2008,
he's 14 tall, has a 12 foot wing span, eats babies and puppies, breaths fire, and plays guitar better than any mortal man. His musical style is very diverse from album to album, even form song to song
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.