Hello everyone !
I play acoustic guitar for a year , and i decided to buy an electric guitar and amp.

I like Blues and rock mostly .
My favorite bands are AC/DC, Led Zeppelin , Clapton , Jimi Hendrix , BB King , Black Sabbath, SRV , Pink Floyd and more (:

I love that sound Jimmy Page have and his playing!
lol , i think there are enough details .

I have 750$ , on what guitar and amp should I go for?
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Nietzsche
Im english so im not too sure about how much $750 is worth, im guessing around £350, so i'd go for a Yamaha pacifica 112 with a Roland amp. You might be able to get an Epiphone les Paul Standard and that's probably the best guitar around the £300 mark, the roland amps are about £100.
I'd say either a Mexican stratocaster or an Epiphone LP would be your best bet for a guitar.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
^that is not a bad suggestion for a an electric you wouldn't need more than a small amp anyway unless your giging. the epi lp's are very nice for the price. but not mine
song stuck in my head today

I always seee people raving about agile lp copies here, so they might be worth looking into.

My friend recently got a yamaha pacifica and a really small Hiwatt amp, im not sure about the amp to be honest but the yamaha really nice for saying we got it for only a £100 ($180?)

The best advice is to try lots of different ones out
There are a lot Epiphone Les Pauls , I notice the custom and the standard.
what is the difference between them?
and there is another 600 $ for an amp!!
so, what amp should i get?
Nietzsche
get an epiphone les paul i think thats what you lookin for...
maybe a veeery small tube amp like a vj or somethin if you extend your budget a little bit...
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
I say Schecter Gryphon Limited Edition Flametop and a Line 6 Spider III 30 Modeling Combo Amp. the guitar is 400 the amp is 200 that still gives u around 150 to spend on cables, picks, strings, strap, etc. but thats deff. a tight setup and both of those are top sellers!

P.S. i found both of those on GuitarCenter.com.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
oh ok just read your post ^^
i think a peavey valveking would be find... maybe a little bit to loud for you
just take the standard epiphone youll be fine with that
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
I would get a Schecter if I had 750 to spend. I've got a C-1 Classic that took $680 and plays like it was $2000.

As for amps, look into a Hot Rod Deluxe and a boost pedal. That'll get you started with a real nice sound, although that may stretch your budget a bit. Still, look into it.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
ok, i'll go try the les paul as soon as i can
But what about amps?
i heard Line6 , not my cup of tea-at all.
Nietzsche
Vox AD15VT or 30 is probably the best amp on a budget for that genre. As for a guitar, I'd go for an Epi LP Standard/Custom or G400.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Schecter C-1 Lady Luck ---$499.00
Vox DA20-----$249.00

You really cant go wrong with the build quality of the schecters. WaAAY better than the cheap epiphones and fenders. Cheap epis are hit or miss at best, plus the pups they come with are only good for tying to a string and used to fish metal parts out of unreachable places.

For a cheap amp the vox's are impressive. They also have a ton of effects built in so you can see where you want to go tone-wise/ effect-wise when you eventually graduate to a real amp/effects.
If I had the chance to start over again I would have never bought that awful squier and line 6 amp, this is what I would get.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by Green_Jelly
Vox AD15VT or 30 is probably the best amp on a budget for that genre. As for a guitar, I'd go for an Epi LP Standard/Custom or G400.

oh yeah, that amp is very good for a cheepie too!
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!