Okay, so I bought myself an ESP LTD EC-50 before christmas, and I gotta say, this thing kicks ASS. For $200, I got a great guitar. It plays nice and clean, and the versatlity is amazing, especially with my KORG multipedal. Howecer, I was thinking that I would change the pickups for more neoclassical solos. I want a Stratovarius solo sound, but I want to keep the sounds I have now too. anybody have any suggestions? Keep in mind, this is a three-switch guitar, not five.
it's an old Crate combo amp. basically an old blues amp that i put my multipedal into to get a distorted sound. I plan on getting a Marshall half stack soon though
well which pickup setting do u like the most? since u can just switch out the one u dont like and put in the one u want
The only neo-classical guy I have to base my advice on is Yngwie, but I'd say slap it on the neck pickup, keep the tone decently high, but maybe roll it down a bit - just to 7/8 or something, and experiment with the EQW on your crate, because you'll need a clear sound that doesn't drown in its' own mud. Hope that helps
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
get a new amp, a tube amp.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of Crate combo?

..dare I ask...And what Marshall half stack are you planning on getting?

Honestly, I couldn't answer either of those. I'm not at home right now, so I can't take a look at my Crate, and I forget the Marshall model. Total noob mistake, I know
Quote by Korzack
The only neo-classical guy I have to base my advice on is Yngwie, but I'd say slap it on the neck pickup, keep the tone decently high, but maybe roll it down a bit - just to 7/8 or something, and experiment with the EQW on your crate, because you'll need a clear sound that doesn't drown in its' own mud. Hope that helps

Thanks, that helps quite a bit!