Hi guys...

I've been running my POD 2.0 through the input on the Peavey Bandit 112 a couple of months now. And today I talked to a guitar guy and he said that in this case it will become sound both from the POD and the PEAVEY.

He said that I should connect it on the back of the Peavey in the Effects loop but where? There are 2 jacks: SEND and RETURN. Where should I connect it?

And one more pondering: PreAmp... Isn't my pod a type of a PreAmp?

Take care
/A
Last edited by guit91 at Feb 8, 2008,
If you're using it for modeling or overdrive (ie as a preamp) just stick it straight in the front of the amp. Use the loop only for effects.

The Transtubes take pedals very well, just keep the EQ neutral and make sure you turn off the POD's speaker modelling.
You'd put the Input to Send, and Output to Return in the Effects loop. But i suggest putting the input to the Amps guitar input, and the output to your guitar.

EDIT - Guitar would go to Input, Output to amp. Sorry!
Last edited by thellamaking at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by kyle62
If you're using it for modeling or overdrive (ie as a preamp) just stick it straight in the front of the amp. Use the loop only for effects.

The Transtubes take pedals very well, just keep the EQ neutral and make sure you turn off the POD's speaker modelling.

Well this is what I've done, but the guitar guy who knows ALOOOOT said I shall not... Cause then it will become Peavey sound as well...
Quote by thellamaking
You'd put the Input to Send, and Output to Return in the Effects loop. But i suggest putting the input to the Amps guitar input, and the output to your guitar.

I'm quite confused...

Right now I'm running my guitar into INPUT on the POD. Then from the POD's output to the PEAVEY's INPUT on the front. But instead of putting this on the Peavey's input front shall I not put it in the effects loop? Teh guitar guy said that's right haha... but which?
Quote by thellamaking
It doesn't matter, i Edited my post. Read that

So I shall do this:

Guitar to the POD INPUT. From the OUTPUT of the POD to the EFFECTS LOOP on the Peavey... BUT: SEND or RETURN? Shouldn't it be the Send jack (Cause that's the input...?
Well this is what I've done, but the guitar guy who knows ALOOOOT said I shall not... Cause then it will become Peavey sound as well...

Your mate is quite correct...in that setup you're using the Peavey as a power amp/speaker, and the POD as a preamp.

Just plug it into the RETURN of your loop and you're done. However the Bandit's tonally quite balanced, so stacking the preamps (sticking it in the front input) isn't really a problem. Try both and go for whichever you prefer.
Quote by kyle62
Your mate is quite correct...in that setup you're using the Peavey as a power amp/speaker, and the POD as a preamp.

Just plug it into the RETURN of your loop and you're done. However the Bandit's tonally quite balanced, so stacking the preamps (sticking it in the front input) isn't really a problem. Try both and go for whichever you prefer.

Thank you alot... I will test!
im pretty sure he wants you to connect the output from the pod to the return jack on the peavey....this will bypass the peavey preamp, and only be using its poweramp.

EDIT: I was beaten to it...
Gibson Special Faded SG with EMG 81 in the bridge
Peavey 6505
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Maxon OD 808
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tu-2 Chromatic tuner
Boss Ph-3 Phase Shifter
Last edited by thoreau at Feb 8, 2008,
thanks... But...

Why does it SMASH like hell When I'm turning the POD on?

First I turn the Peavey on. And then, when I turn on the pod it become a big fast SMASH, that I don't like...

U must hold your hands on your ears when u turn it on, I don't like that...

Should I turn the pod on first or what to avoid this smash?

Take care
Effects should be turned on first, and turned off last. It will prevent the popping noised you're describing.
Quote by thellamaking
Effects should be turned on first, and turned off last. It will prevent the popping noised you're describing.

Thanks