Can I build my own channel switcher foot pedal?

I have an Engl (duh!) Screamer 50 combo.

I currently use a Marshall pedal to switch between Hi/Low Gain and Clean/Crunch but would like to have more accessibilty without spending £150 on a Z-5

Ideally it would have direct access to each of the 4 sounds/channels and VLS boost. The FX loop and reverb would be a bonus but not essential. I'm in thr UK.

Any thoughts?

Note. I'm not overly electrically savvy... but I'm adventurous!
I've made one for my ENGL Blackmore, works fine. It switches between Gain Hi/Lo, Lead/Clean, Master A/B, and Contour On/Off. It cost me maybe $40 (aus) and a weekends work. I can draw up a diagram if you need. And theres only two analogue stereo inputs, right?
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Quote by White_Devil
I've made one for my ENGL Blackmore, works fine. It switches between Gain Hi/Lo, Lead/Clean, Master A/B, and Contour On/Off. It cost me maybe $40 (aus) and a weekends work. I can draw up a diagram if you need. And theres only two analogue stereo inputs, right?

Yeah there are 2 analogue inputs and 1 midi.

A diagram would be great. Cheers.
Ok, your going to need two stereo cables and four latching switches. What i did was cut of the end off each cable and strip it back so you have enough of length for the wires inside. Your gonna have to make two of the circuits I drew below.

Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Last edited by White_Devil at Feb 12, 2008,