I decided to break out my strat yesterday after neglecting it for my new ESP LTD MH-1000 for like a month. I tuned it up, but then dropped it to drop D, and I just NEEDED to go lower. So I got it to Drop B, and love the sound, but some of the frets buzz. I has 9 gauge strings on it right now, and was set up for half step down. To eliminate fret buzz, what should I do?
(Pinch harmonics sound INCREDIBLE )
get thicker strings
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Raise the bridge?? I've heard that you should replace the nut for one with bigger grooves if you go to drop B because you'll need some bigger strings but i don't know if that's really necessary.
raise string gauge. reset intonation/truss rod. lock bridge. dont use a strat for drop b, how about that.
well thats a main feature of a strat...
you can try using the bridge & middle pickup or the neck & middle pickup.
i use 13s, and i have a bc rich warlock which is always in drop c or b.
definitly get new strings, but make sure to adjust the neck and bridge, or else it can be pretty bad for your guitar.
especially a strat.
i cant think of a good sig....
Quote by skywayavenue
cant u just use a 7-string guitar instead going through all the work to drop to B?

well, it's a lot more work to buy a new guitar than to drop-tune something you know :P

get thicker strings. just do it
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
haha i tried drop A# with Ernie Ball slinkies... that went well.

not.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.