I was heartbroken I found out that Bear Gryllis didn't actually brave the outdoors and got helicoptered in and out of a very nice hotel
Someone watches Attack Of The Show...

EDIT:

Quote by philipisabeast
I was heartbroken I found out that Bear Gryllis didn't actually brave the outdoors and got helicoptered in and out of a very nice hotel

I wasn't heartbroken, I was sort of neutral on the issue. I saw an episode where he jumped into a frozen lake, showing you what to do.

I don't think it's so much the idea for him to brave everything all at once, but rather inform you how to do things if you ever find yourself in that type of situation.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
veLOLciraptor
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Quote by philipisabeast

It would re realistically possible to film him 24/7 just living in the outdoors the way you perceive him, but instead he has to do each peice informatively and then move on to the next, if he had to show you how to eat elephant **** and then walk to the ice caps to jump in a frozen lake it would never get finished lol.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by blackflag49
That said, the part where he takes shelter in the passed out chick is hilarious.

Is that what they call it now?
Quote by GiantRaven
Is that what they call it now?

"its smells of stale Heineken and secret ultra-dry, but it'll have to do"
Quote by blackflag49
As if drinking elphant feces juice or turtle blood isn't enough..

Some people just CAN'T watch unless they know for a fact he spent the night in a camel's stomach..

The guy was in the Special Forces, he climbed Everest, he doesn't have to prove how badass he is. Difference between a real documentary (like Survivorman) and a how-to show like Man Vs. Wild.

That said, the part where he takes shelter in the passed out chick is hilarious.

I never said he wasn't cool, but seeing as part of its original advertising was that he did actually go through the motions of actually getting to where he needed to go to survive without much aide; his interview on Richard and Judy for example also seemed to reinforce this; so i'm perfectly able to say that I was a tad dissapointed when I found out that he did get flown in and out for bits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls#Criticism

I personally don't care whether or not he sleeps in a dead animal or jumps in a bog, it's still good television and I do enjoy watching it
Last edited by philipisabeast at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49

The guy was in the Special Forces, he climbed Everest, he doesn't have to prove how badass he is. Difference between a real documentary (like Survivorman) and a how-to show like Man Vs. Wild.

Bear Grylls was in the SAS? I, for some reason, would never of guessed. He doesnt seem like the sort. I.e He's not Scottish and he doesnt swear constantly. He's too "nice."
Last edited by DanRev at Feb 8, 2008,
Aye he was in the SAS, but left when his back broke during a routine parachute jump when his canopy ripped
the name itself made me laugh
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Hehe very funny, and that's from someone who's not really a fan of the sort of stuff off that website.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
lol, Bear isn't that bad. His show is pretty cool even if he doesn't stay out there. And is it just me or does he seem to have a thing with pissing on himself and drinking piss?
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Holy ****, I've never almost thrown up to something humorous.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
The thing is, that Bear Grylls does some extremely physically strenuous stuff on his show. He said that it's only in preparation for things like this that he gets food from the cameramen or sleeps in their camp.
Quote by philipisabeast

i know me too.....
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Les Stroud > Bear Gryllis

edit: Gryllis just did the same thing les was doing 2 years earlier, only he took camera men with him. and I hear that he got caught being at a hotel while he was suppose to be "surviving"
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49

Some people just CAN'T watch unless they know for a fact he spent the night in a camel's stomach..

he didnt.

He just showed how it can be done. So I heard.
Quote by rebeltildeth87
Les Stroud > Bear Gryllis

Yes, Les probably is heavier, because he just sits on his ass all episode.

If I wanted to watch someone sit on their ass for 30 minutes, I'd look in a mirror, not a television. I watch TV to see people do things.

Very good.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
"and then raped to death by a coyote in a seperate incident"
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by Dirge Humani
Yes, Les probably is heavier, because he just sits on his ass all episode.

If I wanted to watch someone sit on their ass for 30 minutes, I'd look in a mirror, not a television. I watch TV to see people do things.

i watch a show called Survivorman to see a dude survive. I used to watch a show called Man Vs Wild where the dude came off like a badass but got caught sleeping in the lap of luxury while he was suppose to be surviving . Id rather see someone whos real.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by whirleygig
I didn't find it all that funny, apart from the bit where the girl kisses him out of the blue and he just breaks her neck

"remember to remain emotionally distant as these females will break your heart." He has the accent and the mannerisms down perfectly.

Jesus, christ stop arguing about the legitamacy of the show.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Feb 8, 2008,