Amp is a Soldano with no effects on the clean channel

Mic is a MXL V69 into a Universal Audio 610 Pre

No EQ No effects

Your guitar choices are:

1- Gibson Les Paul with Bigsby

2- Gibson Les Paul with no Bigsby

3- Fender CS Telecaster

4- Rickenbacker 330

I think this will be a fun test of the ears.

The playing is pretty bad. It's just a one take thing I did fast.

If the data transfer ran out I put the clip in my profile

http://geocities.com/gilly76ma/11.mp3
hmm i'd go with the telecaster....
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

imma go with the rick
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
tough call.
i think its either the tele or the rick.
im just gonna wing it and say rick.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by imposiitin
"Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable."

It's in my profile under mp3 as well
Sounds like the chord progression for Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart' People Get Ready.
Very bassy like a Les Paul.
Plucks a little like a Tele. I'm going with the Telecaster.
Not real familiar with a Ric's sound.
I was just messing around a bit. I'm more into R&B then rock and blues. So People Get Ready was written by Curtis Mayfield who is one of my favorite all time players so that's probably where you got that.

I'm into Curtis Mayfeild, Cornell Dupree, Robert White, Eddie Willis and Joe Messina (who had more top 10 hits then the Beatles and Stones combines!), Steve Cropper, etc...

I also like a lot of country like Chet Atkins, James Burton, Merle Travis, etc...
Fender Tele. Its got that Tele twang to the sound, and the bass sounds like its the amp or a rolled back tone control. also has a lot of bite like a Tele. Honestly though, if Strat was in the options, I would go with a Strat.
Ice- Yeah I knew it was a re-make. I am more into blues like Albert King, Albert Collins, Johnny Winter.
I love the Southern blues-rock thing like The Allmans, Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I love the British blues rock thing.
Jimi was really influenced by Curtis Mayfield as evidenced by his clean rythym patterns.
I'm from Motown area.
Ha. I was right.
My tele has a humbucker in the neck. Sounds a whole lot like my Les Paul's neck position.
I have a 73 Custom (not the reissue) and it sounds killer. A humbucker in the neck is a cool sound.
LOL. I did a couple of these awhile back (if you do a search you might find them).
Just guessing which doesn't mean much as the law of averages will come into play.
I put a number of guitars through playing the same thing and people had to match
the guitar with the track. No one was really even close and no one really could even
distinguish single coil from humbucker. Just goes to show how descrimating ears
REALLY are!
Quote by edg
LOL. I did a couple of these awhile back (if you do a search you might find them).
Just guessing which doesn't mean much as the law of averages will come into play.
I put a number of guitars through playing the same thing and people had to match
the guitar with the track. No one was really even close and no one really could even
distinguish single coil from humbucker. Just goes to show how descrimating ears
REALLY are!

Could've easily been your recording quality or the fact that it wasn't live. I'm sure live you could tell the difference between a humbucker and a single coil pickup.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Tele? I haven't played a Rick so I might be wrong....
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by IceTele
I already told what it was. CS Tele

Didn't bother to read the whole thing.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?