uhh...ok
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
basically, the riaa wants anti virus software to automatically screen your computer for encrypted torrents and such..
I applaud their intelligence... er... lack of.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
the only thing that would accomplish is people flocking to freeware antivirus that wouldn't implement this crap.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If that happens... I'm switching to mac.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't care what they want.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
They can **** off and kiss my **** *** ****, ****** of a ****!!!!!
****!

But I guess this wouldnt make any difference for me since I'm using freeware anti virus software, would it?
that crazy RIAA...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
What a bunch of pussies. They should settle it like men, and have just start hand to hand combat with downloaders.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
What a bunch of pussies. They should settle it like men, and have just start hand to hand combat with downloaders.

But that is really stupid.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
The type of computer doesn't matter, they want to put the software into the MODEMS or ROUTERS...so if you have an internet connection, everything going through there will be filtered.
Quote by hellraiser1133
The type of computer doesn't matter, they want to put the software into the MODEMS or ROUTERS...so if you have an internet connection, everything going through there will be filtered.

Yeah, but I don't see this happening as long as we don't live in North Korea or something.
Instead of whining, they should invest the time and resources to make it happen - develop the product, etc.

Then market: "Want us to know about your illegal music? Install RIAA AntiPiracy today!"

-SD
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666

But that is really stupid.

Well, I think if they want to try to tell us what to do, they should do it like real men. By force. That's what our government does, right?

There will be fighting in the streets. Internet nerds vs business suits. They may be able to afford the guns, but WE have the numbers. There will be blood!
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I like the idea as long as you don't HAVE to buy modems with the software installed. If it somehow becomes a national protocol, I won't be happy, that's ridiculous.
Wait, please explain?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
The RIAA is a waste of money.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, I think if they want to try to tell us what to do, they should do it like real men. By force. That's what our government does, right?

There will be fighting in the streets. Internet nerds vs business suits. They may be able to afford the guns, but WE have the numbers. There will be blood!

When I said "Thats stupid" I meant what the RIAA are doing.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I'm confident such an idea would fail, hard.

Hackers would just find a way to bypass such a thing.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by soulphonate
The RIAA is a waste of money.

Well, it's a good thing we're all saving money by stealing music.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by hellraiser1133

there are still ways around that, all you need to do is bypass the filter and prvent the modem/router from connecting to the RIAAs IPs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Someone bomb their headquarters please.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Someone bomb their headquarters please.

Don't wait for someone to do it. You have to take action yourself!

Storm them!
Quote by vintage x metal

Sure, if they can figure out a way to hire all the lawyers to sue all the people who pirate music...

What's the software going to do, delete the files? Pfft, then you download a freeware anti- virus software that isn't paid to install that feature.

But hey, they gave us Qtrax, which is about as useful as a radio right now with no ability to download yet, let alone operate without crashing. The RIAA is one failed plan after another, and while some things they come up with may have the potential to be pretty cool, they turn out to just blow up in their face. I'd say the RIAA isn't full of top- notch businessmen if you ask me.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
They can **** off and kiss my **** *** ****, ****** of a ****!!!!!
****!

Intelligence in The Pit!

It wouldn't surprise me if this is happening already.
"When you download Antivirus software from anywhere, you're downloading communism!"

But in actuallity this time. This is stupid.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Whoa... cool it there with the triple post.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, it's a good thing we're all saving money by stealing music.

Ha!
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Quote by darkstar2466
Whoa... cool it there with the triple post.

sorry, something just went terribly wrong after the first post. The extra ones weren't intended :/
here I am to post the obligatory FUCK THE RIAA.

They aren't going to come anywhere close to my compy.
Firstly, yay for the UK version being far less aggressive, and virtually usless.

But that is retarded. Anti virus products could essentialily advertise not having it and generate sales.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1