second try,

right im in the market for a head after i sell my valvetronix , i already have a marshall 1960 cab here.

What im looking for :

-All tube
-LOUD
-Good Gain (medium to high)
-Low end, Something that sounds damn heavy
-takes pedals really well (with effects loop preferred)
800-900 € (probably going secondhand)

Tone varying from dirty blues sounding to heavy rock, metal but mainly for thick heavy doom/sludge type stuff.

and some vids to give an example of what kind of tone im looking for
That fuzzy, long sustaining, really thick and heavy sound

Eyehategod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCPv8ZLTNtQ

Electric Wizard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHplp10kQM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mubj-6h0_dM

and Sleep, Boris, Bongzilla etc

And here's a "thank - you" in advance
Quote by stevenexp
look into the engl heads.

what's funny is that I was thinking the exact same thing.
when you say tone varying from dirty blues to heavy rock/metal, do you mean everything in-between those?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
when you say tone varying from dirty blues to heavy rock/metal, do you mean everything in-between those?

Not necessarily, but i like to noodle around with that kind of sound, a lot of sludge/doom is still heavily blues based after all.

To the people just name-dropping amps, would you be so kind giving me some reasons why ?
ok. i'm really not sure to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm feeling 5150, Valveking, possibbly something Krank, just off the top of my head. 900 Euros is about...$1600? Mabye find s Single Rec.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I'm feeling 5150, Valveking, possibbly something Krank, just off the top of my head. 900 Euros is about...$1600? Mabye find s Single Rec.

Currency convertor says around 1311 Dollars.
^ ENGL Screamer is a start. It's one of the amps that comes to mind.
I'd try and dial in the tones now but i needs new tubes >.<.

Deffinatly worth looking into, mine can do Tool and RATM easily and there's still a whole lotta gain where that came from. Has amazing bass response, but that could be down to the cab/speakers.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
In order from least expensive to expensive... And oh coarse theres always the uber heads. Engl, Bogner, Framus, Rivera, Mako Amplification, Soldano

Peavey Valveking
Peavey 5150
Peavey 6505
Quote by IbanezPsycho
In order from least expensive to expensive... And oh coarse theres always the uber heads. Engl, Bogner, Framus, Rivera, Mako Amplification, Soldano

Peavey Valveking
Peavey 5150
Peavey 6505

I like how you call Engl and uber head, beacause they are the same price as a new 6505. UNless that is uber too, or the Engl is better for the money.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I like how you call Engl and uber head, beacause they are the same price as a new 6505. UNless that is uber too, or the Engl is better for the money.

If im correct the 6505 is pretty much aimed at high gain, appart from the fireball ENGL amps tend to be alot more rounded in the styles they can carry off well.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH

Lets take a look and see just how Engl stacks up.. Out of the 8 amps listed below 6 of them are more expensive then the 6505.. One of which is 3 times the cost of a 6505. Now maybe im jsut crazy but i would say paying $3,739.00 dollars for amp would classify it as a Uber amp.. But hey maybe im just crazy! And these amps don't exist...

Special Edition E670 6L6
RSA Price: $3,739.00

SPECIAL EDITION E 670 EL 34
RSA Price: $3,739.00

INVADER 100 E 642 / 100
RSA Price: $2,696.00

Engl E610 savage 120
RSA Price: $2,294.00

POWERBALL E 645
RSA Price: $1,954.00

RITCHIE BLACKMORE SIGNATURE E 650
RSA Price: $1,614.00

FIREBALL E 625
RSA Price: $1,274.00

SCREAMER HEAD E 335
RSA Price: $1,189.00
Quote by bartdevil_metal
On a side note, how does the VK head sound through a good cab like yours?

I dont have any complaints, the head will need a OD pedal if your playing insanely heavy stuff. But thats not to big a deal. But the tone is pretty nice.. Im working on some new clips that show off the tone more so the most gain i can get out of it. Check out my Clips in my profile. But note thats just some improve stuff because people were wanting to know how heavy it could get. Settings were scooped except the user request one. And that was recorded on the mic on my computer. In person the thing sounds amazing when you consider the cost... It pegs american tone right on the head... And blues sounds pretty good on it as well...
Thanks for all the suggestions so far, im kinda surprised at all the "ENGL/5105" responses, that as i derived from this forum are kind of really modern sounding heads compared to the more "crucnchy filthy" sound i' aiming for.
Gues ill have to test them in the store first if i can find some
Quote by amap
Thanks for all the suggestions so far, im kinda surprised at all the "ENGL/5105" responses, that as i derived from this forum are kind of really modern sounding heads compared to the more "crucnchy filthy" sound i' aiming for.
Gues ill have to test them in the store first if i can find some

Well my wife said i couldnt buy a 6505 or 5150 because the way the disortion is voiced it makes her sick instantly... So thats about as filthy as you can get lol.. And considering i told her i was buying one she cussed me out and said she would literally destroy it... And thats from a woman that doesnt Hate anything...