it's making me play less as i want to change tuning but know it will take ages, so i stop playing which is only a bad thing
Quote by CJRocker
Block it with plywood, or install a Trem Stop or Tremol-No.

+1 to tremol-no
search tremol-no in youtube...theres iven a turtorial on how to instal it on your guitar...really easy ****...
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
I say block it if you don't use it, I done it to one of mine that i didn't have the whammy bar for.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Quote by ibanezrg350ex
I say block it if you don't use it, I done it to one of mine that i didn't have the whammy bar for.

You know blocking means making it Dive Only right?
Quote by CJRocker
You know blocking means making it Dive Only right?

I thought blocking meant...putting something in the cavity to "block" the trem from moving. Besides, if you blocked your trem, you'd probably take the bar off anyway...
Block your tremolo like so:

Dont bother with the tremol-no or any stop-setter if you completely wanna block it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
kk so doing it like the above would that mean it woldn't go higher or lower note wise?
so there'd be no strings actually pulling a the springs.
thanks so much for the info, i was almost gonna buy a new guitar after spending 500 on a RR3
just make sure those blocks are thick enough on both sides to make sure your bridge is still parallel.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
You don't need to block a trem completely guys. You can make it dive only by slipping a block of wood between the block and the body (on the side facing the springs). This makes it non floating, so tuning it doesn't knock it off balance, but you can still dive bomb.
Quote by CJRocker
You don't need to block a trem completely guys. You can make it dive only by slipping a block of wood between the block and the body (on the side facing the springs). This makes it non floating, so tuning it doesn't knock it off balance, but you can still dive bomb.

Wouldn't work unless you have the perfect measurement of wood and that the wood itself is glued. This is because when you dive, the wood itself would fall following gravity to whichever playing position you're in.

And during this period, the wood can slip anywhere/making clunky noises/flipped over and get stuck somewhere.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Wouldn't work unless you have the perfect measurement of wood and that the wood itself is glued. This is because when you dive, the wood itself would fall following gravity to whichever playing position you're in.

And during this period, the wood can slip anywhere/making clunky noises/flipped over and get stuck somewhere.

Well, I thoguht it would be stating the obvious to say you glue it
Quote by madpickin03

Not necessarily. If it's a wide piece, the springs will hold it somewhat and it won't travel further than a few fractions of an inch. Plus, you can wedge it against the sides of the cavity if you've got the technical wherewithall for that. Then it'll be in there quite good.
Well suit yourself on that one, i've tried it and its not up to my expectation. When you dive, the gaps would be a lot larger than before and just mere millimeter is enough to throw your tuning away.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i like the idea of the tremol-no coz u can fix it in place without any movement whatsoever, dive only wud still make a tuning a long borning task.
One thing though, where can i buy one?