Well since I'm getting a job where I'll be making a lot more money now I've got some new goals.

Orange Amp
Gibson SG
Gibson ES-335

My question is how much gain does the AD30 have? Does it have like as much as a Vox AC30? Or is it less?
I would think it has more considering the AC30 is a fairly low gain amp. Don't quote me on that though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
well if you want an amp with a bit more gain than the ac30, whats wrong with the rocker 30?
it has a little more gain than the AD30, which i suspect would have a little more gain than the ac30.
i find that the ac30 is trebly and the ad30 more mid range.
Quote by thebrewfan
The rocker 30 has no fx loop

Neither does the AD30.

I would say the AC30 has more gain, the AC30 actually does OK in that department in my opinion, especially the modern ones. AD30 sounds darker.
Or get a Rockerverb 50, which has a loop and is the same price as the AD30.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Or get a Rockerverb 50, which has a loop and is the same price as the AD30.

ah thanks very much
could I get yellow jackets for the Rockerverb to bring it down to 25 watts and make it class A? (also prefer the sound of el-84s)
I'm sure you could just pull 2 of the tubes to bring it down to 25 watts
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
I would say that some THD yellow jackets would work well. They might cost you a pretty penny, but if you really want that EL-84 tone, go for it...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Yeah, true that...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
The rockerverb runs standard on 6V6's. How are you going to have it run on el84's?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by xTJx
The rockerverb runs standard on 6V6's. How are you going to have it run on el84's?

http://www.thdelectronics.com/product_page_yellowjacket.html
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Woah. Those things are news to me. So since the verb' runs on 4 6V6's, if one were to pull two of the tubes (bringing the power output to 25 watts) and then use those yellowjackets on the remaining two, it'd being the power down to around 15 watts? Is my math correct on that one?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
the crunch of this amp is amazing one of the best sounding crunches ever
the mids are friggin brilliant
Quote by xTJx
Woah. Those things are news to me. So since the verb' runs on 4 6V6's, if one were to pull two of the tubes (bringing the power output to 25 watts) and then use those yellowjackets on the remaining two, it'd being the power down to around 15 watts? Is my math correct on that one?

What would be my best guess, but I am not putting any though into math for this one. I am on break from school, it's the weekend.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993