I'm building a super-basic guitar amp for a school project and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good setup for a very basic amp. I'm thinking just a few watts power and I don't want to build a tube amp. I'm a guitarist with minimal electronics experience, so I can't have anything too complicated. Does anyone know of a decent set of schematics (again, simple ones), that would be achievable by me in a week or two.

I don't need it to sound as good as a real amp (even a crappy one), I just need to make something that can amplify a guitar so that I can get some sort of result in my project.

Thanks a million guys.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
try a little gem ... i havent made one yet, but they look really easy
music=life
everything else is just details
Quote by Kultur Vultur
Make a Noisy Cricket from this:

http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/NoisyCricket/MarkII/NoisyCricketMarkII_RadioShack_Rev2.pdf

Looks to be simple and fun, just be sure to get a speaker to plug the output into before turning the thing on!

Will that completely ruin the whole thing? Sorry I just haven't done this before :-)
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by GuitarFreak664
Will that completely ruin the whole thing? Sorry I just haven't done this before :-)

It's generally just a bad idea to run any amplifier without any load.

The Noisy Cricket is designed for 8-ohm speakers but it'd probably be fine with anything up to 16-ohms.

Good luck!
In the Oven:

18 Watt!