so i am currently in need of a good 50w or so tube head. i already have several cabs available to use so im not interested in a combo. I was hoping to pick up a carvin V3, but iv run into a situation where i need it by the end of the month (i have to be able to play it first so that leaves me with a local seller....no ebay). im currently using a 1993 gibson LP studio and i can probably spend no more than $600-$700. i need something with good cleans but at the same time more modern hard rock distortion. the only amps i'v been able to find are a 5150 (120w is allot, i'd need an attenuator), a marshall jtm60 (heard it's more of a vintage sound), or krank chadwick sp? (also more of a vintage sound?)

...chances are im gonna need to pick up an OD if i get the marshall or krank?

EDIT: USED IS A GIVEN
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Feb 8, 2008,
120 watts isn't really much louder than 50 watts, it just has more clean headroom, which is nice if you want to play clean and unmiced at a gig. If you could find a used JCM800 or 900, one of those would do just as well.
what about a laney tt50?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless