EDIT: Okay i rerecorded the vocals because they seemed kind of dead like you guys said so i think they are better now, but i still dont feel the emotion translating that well, gr..

Ive been listening to this song for a week or so, and I really like the chorus so I thought id give it a shot so here we go..

Check my profile or

www.purevolume.com/scottderinger

C4C always welcome

Thanks
Last edited by Scott3229 at Feb 9, 2008,
sounds good, but the low end was a little overwhelming at times
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Its not bad, good song but iv never heard the origional so i donno on how simlar it is. Your off key and off time in a few spots on the singing but it usualy happens. thanks for ur crit

as for my 310-ce. Well half the time i play it i hate how it sounds. i change my strings once a week otherwise it just sucks. I want 514-ce. i might like a 314 better then what i have now. 514s sound amazing tho. best sounding taylor.
-Crash
Last edited by Crashton at Feb 8, 2008,
I kind of liked the vocals. They're a little... idk... if you mixed yours with a little something from the singer of TBS and they'd be really good. A little more sustain at certain parts would be good too. I really like this song, you did a very nice job not butchering it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2QlZdFUkgNI

C4C? It's mainly just a tone test, but crits on the playing would be alright as well.

Keep practicing. Work on the vocals and you could be the lead singer of a pretty good band someday.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

nice cover! i've never heard the song but i youtube'd it just to see how accurately you played it.

i think the only thing you would need work on is the singing, it sounded a little flat at certain points.

nice job though!

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
^That was probably a word I could've used in telling him how to improve his vocals. They're a bit lifeless at parts. But all in all still good. Singing isn't something a lot of people can do. Hell, I don't know many people who could even do a half assed job singing.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I just rerecorded the vocals to try to fix some of the flat spots i think its definitely better but theres still work to be done and i know what you're saying, i feel like when im singing im giving it emotion, but i dont feel like its translating

if you listen to the outro i think they kind of translate but yea the verses still feel kind of dead.. well anyway i rerecorded the vocals, i think for the better
i could definitely tell you were trying to express emotion but it seemed as if you were just getting louder lol.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Really nice job there Scott. I thought the vocals were just a hair flat in some spots as already mentioned earlier. Other than that, this was great man. I like the guitar's tone especially, and I couldn't hear a bad note at all. I like what you did with the layered vocal tracks too. I had never heard this song before.

C4C dude?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769495
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna