Hey Pit, it's me again...with a new discovery.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/300042

Contacted by phone a few hours after the test, Zahn is genuinely stumped – and surprised. He said the magnet shouldn't cause acceleration. "It's an unusual phenomena I wouldn't have predicted in advance. But I saw it. It's real. Now I'm just trying to figure it out."

There's no talk of perpetual motion. No whisper of broken scientific laws or free energy. Zahn would never go there – at least not yet. But he does see the potential for making electric motors more efficient, and this itself is no small feat.

Even if this thing isn't a perpetual motion machine, it could possibly increase the efficiency of motors and energy, and that would have some pretty positive effects on humanity anyway. Discuss?
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
hmm... it will either cause immense goodness or another zombie outbreak.
F that... this is the futurte of energy

http://www.josephnewman.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Newman_%28inventor%29

the US government wont allow him to patent his energy machine (which could power a jet with a handful of D batteries) cause it goes against all knowledge of the atom and physics.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
F that... this is the futurte of energy

http://www.josephnewman.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Newman_%28inventor%29

the US government wont allow him to patent his energy machine (which could power a jet with a handful of D batteries) cause it goes against all knowledge of the atom and physics.

And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
he sure hates his wife and daughters haha
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by will3536
perpetual motion is impossible

the laws of the universe say so

hahahahaha

NO!

there are no such thing as universal laws.. the things you have been taught are theories conceived by MAN
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Mister.Y
blah blah

no kid, look into it
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by bendystraw
hmm... it will either cause immense goodness or another zombie outbreak.

wait, did I miss the first one?
Quote by will3536
doesnt stop them being true

on earth maybe.

and yes it does..

you think the "laws of physics" are the same in the deepest vast emptiness of space?

... ill wait to laugh til you say yes.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Last edited by Early Cuyler at Feb 8, 2008,
i am doing high level physics atm

so i do hav some knowledge on the subject
Quote by Early Cuyler
no kid, look into it

Quote by WIKI
The report concluded that the machine consumed more energy than it created.

End of.
Dude I'm telling you...if we just used Chuck Norris' sweat as fuel, all our problems would be over. Think about it.
Quote by Early Cuyler
no kid, look into it

I have briefly and I will look into it further, but if it works, hyppothetically speaking, the government would surely take advantage of it instead refusing to let it patented. If it worked, there would be more people preaching about it. I mean, it was invented 20 years ago?

Besides, it probably doesn't work.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by will3536
the laws are the same everywhere

only the conditions change

Except at the beginning.
Quote by Grundy0
End of.

haha no..

that test was a F-up.. the guy who tested it (patent guy) messed with the machine and by grounding it, not thinking it mattered.. Joe Newman didnt see it until after the test had been conducted.

theres a documentary on this guy that runs on Discovery or History chan.

when i said "look into it" i meant USE SOMETHING OTHER THAN WIKIPEDIA .. i used it for a quick reference for you.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
on earth maybe.

and yes it does..

you think the "laws of physics" are the same in the deepest vast emptiness of space?

... ill wait til laugh til you say yes.

lololol its lke u know somthin he doesn!!!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
and to think, I almost thought there could be an intelligent discussion in the Pit...
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
Quote by will3536
i am doing high level physics atm

so i do hav some knowledge on the subject

no.. youre being taught the subject..

you dont have much knowledge in the real field... not sayin that i work in it, but done with those classes.

hahahahahhaha and "high level physics" yeah right, and you spend your time on a guitar website instead of doin real studying and practice
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler

you dont have much knowledge in the real field... not sayin that i work in it, but done with those classes.

hahahahahhaha and "high level physics" yeah right, and you spend your time on a guitar website instead of doin real studying and practice

And where are you right now?

Being on this site doesn't say anything about his knowledge.
Quote by Mister.Y
And where are you right now?

Being on this site doesn't say anything about his knowledge.

im gonna go ahead and say anyone thats got a degree of anysort in physics isnt gonna be dickin around in the pit...

myself, im a college student in my second year of my first year of being a music major... no typo (car wreck set me back )

though i think im changing to radio production next semester.

being an adult is tough
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
im gonna go ahead and say anyone thats got a degree of anysort in physics isnt gonna be dickin around in the pit...

myself, im a college student in my second year of my first year of being a music major... no typo (car wreck set me back )

being an adult is tough

I think you might be surprised at the number of people on here that hold degrees in physics and engineering. Not students of but practioners of. I have found a lot of very well educated UGers on here.
And bing an adult beats the hell out of adolescence. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Early Cuyler
hahahahaha

NO!

there are no such thing as universal laws.. the things you have been taught are theories conceived by MAN

Quote by Early Cuyler

Quote by Early Cuyler

being an adult is tough

Hi,

My name's Will. I'm 2/3 of the way through my physics with astrophysics degree.

You're talking sh*t.

Universal laws are universal laws. Ever wondered why when we use our telescopes to look at far off galaxies that planetary bodies also seem to be orbiting objects with a greater mass than themselves? I think you've been reading too much sci-fi and Wikipedia, and just believing what you want to believe.

We certainly didn't invent the laws, in the same way that we didn't invent the apple. We just invented a suitable language to express them.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Hi,

You're talking sh*t.

Universal laws are universal laws. Ever wondered why when we use our telescopes to look at far off galaxies that planetary bodies also seem to be orbiting objects with a greater mass than themselves? I think you've been reading too much sci-fi and Wikipedia, and just believing what you want to believe.

We certainly didn't invent the laws, in the same way that we didn't invent the apple. We just invented a suitable language to express them.

A-****ing-men. Yakult, you win the thread.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Early Cuyler

I'm sorry, but could you possibly try harder at not coming off like a completely arrogant, elitist prick?

Perpetual motion is bullsh*t fantasy, energy is always lost as heat, or sound, or some sh*t like that.
Last edited by JohnnyTrash at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by Early Cuyler
hahahahaha

NO!

Please, do us all a favour. Shut up.
Quote by Yakult
Hi,

You're talking sh*t.

+1

And to those who say that perpetual motion is not feasible because it breaks all of our current laws of physics, you're right. However, this machine could increase the productivity and efficiency of the production of energy.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Quote by g.siddarth
+1

And to those who say that perpetual motion is not feasible because it breaks all of our current laws of physics, you're right. However, this machine could increase the productivity and efficiency of the production of energy.

eh, electrical motors are pretty efficient as is
like over 90%
generators too I believe

try and figure out a way to use more of the energy we get out of fossil fuels (though I think theres another law of thermodynamics which gets in the way there)
Last edited by seljer at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by happytimeharry
wait, did I miss the first one?

that's exactly what they want you to think