Right, today I got a lead which has one end USB and the other end is like one of the ends from the cable you use to connect the guitar/bass to the amp (the word escapes me).

Anyway, I can't seem to get it working, so I must be plugging it in the wrong place, does it go from the amp or the guitar?

Any help would be great.
UG's Yellow Ranger

It's for the instrument cable.

You can either run it directly from your guitar, or as a line-out from your amp or a pedal chain. Make sure you have some sort of recording/mixer software on your computer (if it didn't come with some), or it won't work.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
It's for the instrument cable.

You can either run it directly from your guitar, or as a line-out from your amp or a pedal chain. Make sure you have some sort of recording/mixer software on your computer (if it didn't come with some), or it won't work.

Ahhh, it was the software then, thanks a million, have a cookie
UG's Yellow Ranger

yep you must set your PC sound settings for it to work and load any drivers for this "interface" to work. I think you're talking about the stealth plug so dont expect anything great from this product...

Audacity is a nice recording program to start on or if you want something more, reaper is also good and free.
hmm...looks like its only a cable but it actually has some circuit board in it somewhere for the ADA conversion...

looks like it just runs directly from your guitar or amp record/line out.
I guess a pedal could be used with it too.
Yeah, just it working, it's not bad, but it picks up my fingers rubbing against the strings too much.
UG's Yellow Ranger

yup, thats a jack cable 6.5mm to usb, links your guitar or instrument to your computer, but make sure your computer has the software to recognise it when you plug it in..!