i have it and i love it. i'd say if u want to do more than just guitar though go with the ux1 or something. i actually barely even record with it, just use it to use my computer as an amp when im using the computer so i dont have to get my amp out lol

if you do want to record though, you need recording software (gearbox isnt recording software). Reaper is a good one, its what i use, and its free (sorta)
If you have vista, stay away.
if you are running XP its a fair interface to start on. Some searching around the R&R form will get you a review or two on the UX1 interface which is basically the same but with more features.

I didnt really like the sound from GB but I am fairly picky when it comes to tone...
I either got a muddy or tinny tone out of the presets and it took a lot of work to get anything fair out of any of them.

The preamp on the Toneports are fair but nothing great so you may get noise.

to record vocals with the GX you need an XLR - TRS 1/4" adapter and you can use either Audacity or Reaper to record. AL comes with this product but I could not stand it...
Why stay away if you have Vista?
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Quote by BoggaN
Why stay away if you have Vista?

I'm guessing it's either not compatible or just requires a hog of a computer to use it on vista, maybe both.
I use it on Vista, it seems to be working fine.

Toneport is great but it requires a vast amount of tweaking to get a usable tone out of it recording wise (If you're picky).
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ok, I am thinking of getting a Toneport, but I think I will get a Roland Cube 30 first and use my soundcard.
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Fender acoustic

Line6 POD HD500
Quote by BoggaN
ok, I am thinking of getting a Toneport, but I think I will get a Roland Cube 30 first and use my soundcard.

It might be a decent idea to just get the Toneport instead of the Cube 30.

It's not going to sound as good, but it basically fulfills the same role for a much lower price.

I'd suggest getting at least the UX1 so you can use the mic input later to record an amp whenever you get a good one.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ok, but I would be nice to have an amp, that I can carry around and stuff, and I think my normal soundcard will be ok to record on with that amp, I have recorded songs using a Behringer V-amp and my soundcard and that sounded pretty good, but damn I hated that V-amp... Sometimes it didn't work, really weird thing.
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Fender acoustic

Line6 POD HD500