my guitar buzzes when I fret the e and a strings. Its worse on the 1st few frets but i can still hear it up to the 12th.

This is happens even if i put the action really high at the bridge and even then the strings tend to sit really low at the nut end, much lower than at the other.

does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

ps; if i look down the neck it seems as though it is curved slightly inward
You need to adjust your truss rod so your neck is straighter. If you don't know how to do it yourself then take it somewhere to have it professionally set up. It's worth the money.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^^^I second the truss rod adjustment, but I believe that it needs to be tightened for slightly more curve to the neck... flattening it will make the buzz worse.........

And yeah, def take it to a professional if you don't know what you're doing, you can ruin your axe for good
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
whoa there... before having a look at the truss rod, what make is your guitar..? many have an adjustable bridge which relieves a lot of problems, the truss rod adjustment is very complex and should be done by a pro unless you are confident, a turn in the wrong direction can be harmful !

Is it an expensive guitar, some necks warp, some give problems, some can be cured some not !
also i looked at that link madpickin and id say the clearance is about 1.5/2mm
What gauge are you running on? Are you sure you're fretting it correctly? New/old strings?

2mm is quite high if you ask me but that shouldn't give you fret buzz in all the frets.

tightening the truss rod might help if you know what you're doing
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
9's i actually dont think its 2mm i think its more like one as my pick doesnt fit in the gap properly
You can still see a gap? or does the low E just laying flat there?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by sharene
oh its not expensive, its an ibanez sa160qm

High five!I'm having that guitar too!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Thought I'd add that there are two known problems with lower-end ibanez S necks. check to make sure the screws at the headstock are not loose. If you've already raised your action, another issue is that the frets tend to raise up. Hammering down your frets is obviously better left to a professional but something that should be very quick and hopefully free if your local guitar tek isn't an a-hole.

Oh yeah, if you're going to mess with your truss rod, a safe rule of thumb is never turn your truss more then 1/8th of a turn in either direction unless you really know what your doing.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
can you hear the fret buzz going through the amp? if not, dont worry about it. you could raise the action, but that'd mean you'd have a higher action, so its up to you.
Quote by madpickin03
You can still see a gap? or does the low E just laying flat there?

still a gap, also at the nut the action is about 1mm its doesnt reall get ay higher, dou you think theres something wrong st the nut?