hes accually pretty talented, granted im not calling him a god, and i know of several whom are better, but still hes got some talent and hes just trying to milk his name for what its worth after MM and Rob Zombie cant say i blame him though
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
The dude has a lot of skill. Have you actually listened to his work? He's up there in the shredders category.
My Rig:
Washburn N1
Digitech Death Metal
Yorkville XM50
John 5 is an amazing guitarist, and its good hes trying to get his name out there. Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson were definitely holding him back from his true potential. now like the above guy said, their are better guitarists (Buckethead, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Michael Angelo Batio, etc.) but he is good. His solo work is much better than anything found on the RZ and MM albums
Quote by Neverhead666
John 5 is an amazing guitarist, and its good hes trying to get his name out there. Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson were definitely holding him back from his true potential. now like the above guy said, their are better guitarists (Buckethead, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Michael Angelo Batio, etc.) but he is good. His solo work is much better than anything found on the RZ and MM albums

none of them are better or worse than john, hes on the same level as all of the shredders.
have you even listened to his music?
that would be the answer
ive heard nothin close to it, other than some bluegrass riffs here and there..
Quote by CanCan
And he's one of the most versatile guitarists that walk the earth.

He really can play anything, from any style. Ive read a magazine were he gave a country lick! Freaked me out. at first I thought it was a misprint and they put his name with the wrong page, but from what I can tell he wrote it. And it was a good Country lick too. My respect for him jumped astronomically after that, cuz it just proved he's not one-demensional like some other players. But he's still not a God
Hmm, manson must have REALLY held him back because I was never remotely impressed by manson's music but I've never heard his solo stuff...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Boring pretentious ****ty guitarist.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by nebraskan
Hmm, manson must have REALLY held him back because I was never remotely impressed by manson's music but I've never heard his solo stuff...

Same.

Then again Manson is a massive jerk. Apparently he even deliberately kicked John 5 several times onstage.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by nebraskan

His solo stuff is like Buckethead meets Eric Johnson, cool stuff.
wow! i didn't know he could play like that! he's really versatile, and holy crap that thumb and middle finger palm muted tapping thingy was NICE!
Never heard his solo stuff, but he's supposed to be really good.

That said, this has nothing to do with metal.
john 5 is actually not bad, just manson and rob zombie's holding him back like the others said above