Page 1 of 2
I just got back from rome this afternoon, and what I saw was shirts of these bands:
Him
Nirvana
The Beatles
Green day
3 Doors Down
Matchbook Romance
... (probably some more but cant remember them all)

these shirts were combined with leather jackets, combat boots, spikes, and sh1tloads of makeup.
when I decided to talk to one of these italians, they said (in their best effort to speak english) that they were goths and that they were proud of it.

pit, help me out here: are they just retarded? do they have mental issues? Do they really think that this is gothic music? Or is my perspective of gothics totally wrong.
opinions plz
Well, they do live inside a boot.

Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Well, the subculture is different in every country. And the term 'gothic' encompasses a lot of subsets.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Why would you want to wear that clothes in such a place...not very practical. Ah well. :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Mad Marius
Well, they do live inside a boot.

Or does the boot live under them?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
They were probably just immature. Those are all pretty well known rock bands and they're probably just 14 year-old kids going through a phase of rebelling against their parents and being non-conformists A few years ago you got 'goths' like that in Belfast - maybe you still do, I don't know.

Don't worry they'll be listening to proper goth music like Slayer and Nightwish in no time

Anyway, you shouldn't really care about it. Just let them dress how they want and listen to whatever they want. I think it would be better for everyone if more people actually did listen to music and bands outside of their subculture.
I just don't get it. They got the look from metal bands, but then listen to everything NOT metal. It's just completely backwards.
Quote by PhantomNote
Why would you want to wear that clothes in such a place...not very practical. Ah well. :p

what do you mean? theyre clothes... of course theyre pratical
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Dude do you honestly care what people want to do or what their interested in. Just let them do whatever they want...
They are just looking for atention... just like you when you created this topic.
I HAVE A SIG AND IT'S HUGE LOL
Well, it is a different country and a different culture. Those bands could very well be considered "Goth" for them.

If not, then who cares anyway? They dress "Goth" because they like it, and they happen to like other bands as well. Not everyone dresses as a definition of the music they listen to...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by numinis
I just got back from rome this afternoon, and what I saw was shirts of these bands:
Him
Nirvana
The Beatles
Green day
3 Doors Down
Matchbook Romance

these shirts were combined with leather jackets, combat boots, spikes, and sh1tloads of makeup.
when I decided to talk to one of these italians, they said (in their best effort to speak english) that they were goths and that they were proud of it.

pit, help me out here: are they just retarded? do they have mental issues? Do they really think that this is gothic music? Or is my perspective of gothics totally wrong.
opinions plz

those kids are pretty stupid and just looking for attention, no real goth would ever shirts from any of those bands.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
that isn't gothic music!!!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by Giant Tool
that isn't gothic music!!!!

*Place slow, deliberate clap here*
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Maybe they like those bands?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by numinis
Him
Nirvana
The Beatles
Green day
3 Doors Down
Matchbook Romance

opinions plz

someone is closeminded.
There are posers everywhere you go. You just encountered some.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
The Beatles are the most gothic band I've ever seen. With their boots and long back hair. They were goth legend.

I like your style.

Oh, and TS, don't knock the Beatles, there is a simple equation to remember for life

The Beatles > all else

The moptops are not amused
Quote by lateraluspiral

Nah they aren't, I spent 3 days in italy wearing black button up shirts, black jeans, DM boots, a leather jacket and shoulder length hair. That was one hot weekend.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by lateraluspiral

I can't take it anymore!!!

They are clothes????
Quote by Demonology
I can't take it anymore!!!

They are clothes????

Oh no, someone missed an apostrophe.

NO
ONE
CARES
Quote by Inertia//Creep
It could be worse, they could listen to actual gothic music.

Great avatar btw. Massive Attack ftw!
Gothic - unclassical? such as gothic architecture? well i guess they're being unclassical...idk? lol
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by rabidguitarist
Well, the subculture is different in every country. And the term 'gothic' encompasses a lot of subsets.

Have a day off.
I thought you meant kids of the Goths that actually sacked Rome at first.
Quote by Inertia//Creep
It could be worse, they could listen to actual gothic music.

Never mind that MA were influenced by Goth music...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by bendystraw
maybe you should let people dress and act the way they want.

+1000000
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Page 1 of 2