I borrowed my friends strat (all single coils..) and ran it through my tube screamer and amp, and I LOVED the tone!

I have a strat copy and a Schecter Tempest Custom.

I want to change the pickups in the Schecter. (They are two humbuckers). The schecter has the option of a coil-tap, so It can kinda get a single coil sound.. but it wasn't as god-like as the strat.

So I ask you UG, what is a good humbucker that could give off a good strat sound when coil-tapped?

Thanks.
nothing. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but the coil tapping cuts the power of the humbucker to a less than single coil out put. I have a coil taped EMG 89 in my Rhoads and it doesn't even come close. The Strat is the Strat, except no substitutes. I would advise you to get some Fender Strat Pickups and put them in your strat copy,
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Nothing can sound the same as a single coil. You will have to give up fat humbucker tone or single coil tone.

+1. Although, you could route the Tempest and stick single coils in the middle/neck, but that might be more trouble/money than it's worth. Save up for a nice MIM Strat, unless you're quite partial to your Strat copy, in which case, a pickup upgrade might help.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
+1. Although, you could route the Tempest and stick single coils in the middle/neck, but that might be more trouble/money than it's worth. Save up for a nice MIM Strat, unless you're quite partial to your Strat copy, in which case, a pickup upgrade might help.

Yep. If you like your strat copy's feel and build quality, go for some new strat pickups in that. I don't really know many good pickups but I know CorduoryEW (UG memeber) makes handwound pickups and gives a 10% discount to UG members. I haven't had any experience with his pups but others have and I have heard nothing but good about him.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Actually, my strat copy is a Yamaha Pacifica (with humbuckers) if you guys were wondering.

I'll take a look at CorduoryEW's pickups. Just a question, what are some of the best Seymour Duncan pickups?
I'd definitely say go for a nice MIM strat. Strats get there sound not only from the singles, but the also the way they're built. Even a strat with a humbucker still sounds somewhat like a strat.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not