Good beat, sounds like something you would hear in a European dance club.
the only thing is that it needs some more movement, the same thing over and over again gets a little boring. but i liked it

crit me
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782555
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
I love it !
It's really hard to find anything wrong with it, really.
I personally don't find it repetitive at all.
I HAVE A SIG AND IT'S HUGE LOL
Not my style of music at all but it was pretty cool.

Nice beat to it and the melodies were pretty cool. Good synth sounds. I personally like more variety but for the style of say European Dance Club music, this really hits the spot
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
I loved it. I used to rock a lot of techno back in the day, and I would've bought this one ten years ago.

I love the transition early on when it fades out and slams back.

Are using a midi controller pitch bend to bend that synth down? It has a very human feel to it.. like you can get that wasn't an LFO driving it. That makes it sound vintage and cool... like some 808 State synth or something.

Oh yeah, song in my sig! (little bit of synth on there)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Last edited by zeroyon at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by zeroyon
I loved it. I used to rock a lot of techno back in the day, and I would've bought this one ten years ago.

I love the transition early on when it fades out and slams back.

Are using a midi controller pitch bend to bend that synth down? It has a very human feel to it.. like you can get that wasn't an LFO driving it. That makes it sound vintage and cool... like some 808 State synth or something.

Oh yeah, song in my sig! (little bit of synth on there)

Just a little excess in the glide/portamento. Good to hear someone who's appreciating the original techno..its not European, its American!
Exactly, this song would be great in a club environment.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
seems to have more of a trance feel to it but i see where your coming from sounds pretty cool, i thing maybe just a little more movement would be nice, but still pretty cool i liked it (for not being my style)
Quote by Scott3229
seems to have more of a trance feel to it but i see where your coming from sounds pretty cool, i thing maybe just a little more movement would be nice, but still pretty cool i liked it (for not being my style)

Thanks, though, yeah, the kicks aren't quite grooving like I like them to actually, but I dunno what's up there.
Thanks for the crit.

To be honest, I never understood the appeal of electronica, and this piece isn't really helping. The drums are weak and sound pretty lame. Get some better samples? Song needs more bass. Either that or I need a new sub woofer, heh. The synth-work was pretty dope. It was a bit more...ambient than I was expecting, which I mean as a compliment, but I'm not sure if that was your intent. With a little more bass, I could imagine this being played as a backdrop to a club scene in a movie or tv show.
Quote by b r y a n
Thanks for the crit.

To be honest, I never understood the appeal of electronica, and this piece isn't really helping. The drums are weak and sound pretty lame. Get some better samples? Song needs more bass. Either that or I need a new sub woofer, heh. The synth-work was pretty dope. It was a bit more...ambient than I was expecting, which I mean as a compliment, but I'm not sure if that was your intent. With a little more bass, I could imagine this being played as a backdrop to a club scene in a movie or tv show.

Drums are pretty rocking in my monitors... You need a new subwoofer, cause it sounds fine in my car's bose system... Kicks are hand-made too, no samples, except the top layer. And it was supposed to be ambient, detroit techno was more ambient than that styles that really call themselves techno anyways. I like it, it kinda reminds me of plastic, but if you don't, that's cool